30. "you know that, right?"

the first thing luke was aware of when he woke up, was the feeling of lola's breath in the crook of his neck.

his eyes weren't even open yet, but he could feel where her head was resting just below his; curls running wild on the pillow behind her, shining in the morning sunlight.

luke wanted to stay there forever.

not wanting to wake lola, luke resisted trying to pull her closer, and instead began to trace patterns on the bare skin of her back, allowing his fingertips to dance across the soft surface.

"your hands are warm." lola's voice was muffled, but still spoke directly to luke's heart, making it skip a beat.

"it's nice." she continued, before seeming to fall back asleep.

luke just smiled and leaned to press a kiss on her temple, his hands never stopping on their journey down lola's spine.

the silence returned for a few moments more; a comfortable blanket that descended over the room and wrapped itself around them.

"baby?" lola spoke after a few minutes, her voice barely more than a whisper. "what time is it?"

reluctantly, luke removed his hand from lola's back and rolled over slightly, picking his phone up and squinting at the lock screen.

cal: you're gross you didn't hide SHIT with your shirt last night
cal: but also you go brotha;)))))))))))
cal: come over today? ash is being sick and it's really gross i don't want to deal with it
cal: LUCASS

mikey: please go and see calum
mikey: he keeps calling me and asking for you
mikey: i heard ash being sick in the background and it made me throw up and now bella is mad

ash: YOU WERE FUCKING IN THE BACKSEAT?!,!?!,!?!
ash: my bad i was still drunk when i sent that

luke cringed at the thought of his friends throwing up, and decided he'd wait a little while before responding - give them time to sober up.

"it's quarter to ten sweetheart."

lola groaned slightly, propping herself up on the arm that had been pressed against luke's chest.

"i have practice today." she said, turning so she could sit up fully, and tucking her hair behind her ear. "i should start getting ready soon."

luke stayed laying on his back and reached up, wrapping one of her curls around his finger.

"calum wants me to come over, so i'll take you. how long are you practicing for?"

"i think twelve to half six today."

luke's eyebrows furrowed slightly in concern.

"don't overdo it baby."

smiling, lola leaned down and wrapped her arms around luke, laying her head on his chest and relaxing into him, letting her actions reassure him, i won't, i promise.

he brought his hand up to cup her jaw, running his thumb back and forth across the guiding line of her cheekbone.

"i don't want to move." luke whined, holding lola closer, like he was trying to pause the morning so they could stay in her bed for even longer.

"you mean you don't want to help clean up all ashton's sick?"

"oh god."

***

luke was completely wrapped up in a blanket, a bowl of popcorn on his lap, watching mean girls.

he had no idea how it had come to this.