Morning (5)

When I wake up, I'm surprise to notice I didn't wake up or even have a nightmare. I smile as I sit up but it quickly folds into a frown as I feel how sore my face is. I remover I didn't take off my prosthetic and feel my head, yep still there.

I get up and see Larry wasn't in his bed, I leave the room and see him in the kitchen "hey man" I say to him
"Hey blue" he says and I kinda freeze for a second before going into the bathroom. My cheeks hot and a bright red.

I take off my prosthetic once the door was closed, setting it on the counter and examine my face. The deep scares and skin covered gashes then I remember I forgot to the put my glass eye when I woke up. I put my prosthetic back on regrettably and open the bathroom door.

I walk out and pass Larry again "I'll be right back" I say in hopes he didn't see my open eye socket. I go to his room and collect the glass eye, carefully putting it in and fixing it to look forward before walking back out.

"Any coffee left for me?" I ask jokingly as I see him drinking from a mug. I walk over and grab the coffeepot, a mug and a straw. pouring myself a cup I see Larry's eyes shift down to my arms multiple times. 'Did he see my scars?' I think to myself 'shit what if he did, will he try and tell my dad?' My thoughts continue in a spiral of anxieties.

"So how'd you sleep last night?" I ask as he sets his mug down, he looks up to my eyes "best in a while, how about yours?" He asks, raising an eyebrow at me

"Great, my face is a bit sore though" I say as I realize how much I love hanging out with Larry
"how bad?" He asks and steps towards me before hesitantly putting his hand on the prosthetic's cheek.

My face turns bright red, I think the mask might have changed color too but I don't have time to check as Liza walks into the kitchen. She lifts an eyebrow at us "shouldn't y'all be getting ready for school?" She asks

I nod and back up from Larry slowly, going to my bag and grabbing the clothes I brought. I walk to the bathroom to change, hearing them talk in Spanish I just pass them and close the door.

After a few minutes I walk out in a black skirt with chain loops handing down around it and a long striped shirt under a band shirt along with my sneakers and my hair in my pigtails. Once Larry was ready we start our walk to the school.