Surprise! (part 1)

Larry's POV

I lied telling Sal I was at the store, not knowing what to do I went to Todd's, him and Neal had been best friends before dating and I needed advice.

"So, are you sure sal has a romantic attraction to you too?" Todd asks as he leans against Neal who sat behind him.

"I heard him call me pretty. We were high but I could tell he was blushing. He's even gotten shy around me, I mean even more shy, y'know" I sigh, brushing my fingers through my hair in frustration or was it nervousness. I don't really know.

We talked for a bit before I decided to leave, actually going to the store before heading back to the basement.

"Hey Sal! I'm home!" I shout as I shuts the door with my foot, holding a few bags on my arm.

Sal's POV
I run over to him "hey dumbass, you had me worried sick!" I say and grab some of the bags from around his arm. I set them in the counter as he does the same.
"Sorry I was gone for so long, the lines were pretty long" he says and starts to unbag the items.

Once they're all put away we walk to his room "so it's like 10 o'clock, what should we do?" I ask after checking his alarm clock
"Well how about we play some games?" Larry suggests I only shrug and fall onto his bed, feeling his soft blanket under me
"Hey Sal..." he says walking over "can I ask you something?" Larry asks

I sit up and nod, my mind swirling with things he could ask. I can tell he's nervous about it, but I can't tell what he'll ask.

Larry rubs the back of his neck and asks "what if we go out, l...like for food, for dinner, instead of takeout food" he stutters

I look up at him and nod "s...sure" I say feeling my cheeks flare up again. He smiles, showing his gapped tooth grin.

We get dressed for dinner, I wear a long black dress with stars and the moon on the skirt that reaches my calves (yes, he wears dresses, i hate gender roles) I slip on my sneakers and pull one of Larry's hoodies on over the dress.

I look over to Larry as he pulls his hair into a pony tail. "Ready?" He asks, he's wearing his blue jeans with a plain black shirt under a black zip up jacket. I nod and start to walk to his door, almost skipping towards it.

"Hey, slow down" Larry says and catches my hand, making me stop and freeze. He hesitates but pulled his hand back "sorry..." he says and we walk to the front door where I grab his hand gently "I...it's okay" I say softly, smiling to myself as we make our way to the elevator.