A bit later...(7)

(Sal's POV)
It had been about a month since the first time Travis attacked me. Larry has beat the shit out of him over and over again but he won't stop bothering me. Over the time I've felt more anxious yet giddy around Larry, is that normal around friends? I don't know.

Larry and I were in his room, chilling out after a day in school as Lisa comes through the door "okay boys you know no going out after midnight and please shower, brush your teeth and all that" she says, holding a suitcase behind her, she was going out of town to help her mother since she was sick.

We nod and smile up at her "Yea, don't worry we'll even do some chores around the house while your gone" Larry says and I can't tell if he's joking or not so I nod "yea, it'll be spic and span when you get back" I say.

"Thank you boys, be good and I'll be back in a week" she says as she leans down and kisses Larry's forehead then my prosthetic's forehead "buh-bye" She says then leaves.

"We're not really going by that are we?" Larry asks with his signature gap toothed smile and I shake my head "no sir we are not, sorry Lisa but we got other plans" I say then stand up and stretch "now, what should we do first?" I ask

He takes a minute to think before jumping up "honestly dude I wanna get high" he say smirking then grabs my hand and we run up the stairs towards that lead outside.

We get to the tree house and he goes through the chest he has. Taking out a bong and a bag of some blunts. He walks over to me and sits down in the beanbag next to min.

"You just wanna do a blunt?" He asks and takes one of them out of the plastic bag. I nod and slip my mask up just a bit for my mouth to be shown. Thankfully Larry knows not to look even if he's curious he makes sure to let me be comfortable.

He lights the blunt and takes the first hit before passing it to me. I take it and take in a long breath in, letting it out after a few seconds. I go into a small coughing fit as I've only done this a handful of times. Larry takes a longer one and let's it out, not coughing at all.

After a bit I lean back, more relaxed than I've been in a while. Larry burns out the stub of the blunt. Leaning back into his chair like me.

We sit there for awhile, spacing out here and there before I get up, walking over to the small radio he has up here and put in some music before walking back, collapsing into the beanbag, almost missing it "dude...how are we gonna get down?" I ask looking over to the ladder then burst into laughs.

"Dude, I have no fucking idea" he says and looks over at me "your mask is super cool you know that?" He asks and I blush softly. I pull my prosthetic back down all the way and look over at him "well your face is super pretty" I say before I know what I was saying, when it clicks I start to feel super anxious.

He looks over at me and raises an eyebrow "what was that?" He asks looking confused "n...nothing..." I say and look away hoping he'd just shrug it off. "Okay dude, thought you said something though" he says.

After a bit we sober up and decide to climb down "man, I'm pretty tired? You okay if I try to take a nap?" I ask as we walk into the apartment. He nods and I walk over to his bed, laying down softly and closing my eyes.

Larry's POV
I was really stoned but I heard Sal and tried not to push it to much. I knew he liked me and I had feelings for him too but I didn't know how to go about it. He was my best friend and I don't know what to do.

When we get inside Sal lays down and I go into the living room. Laying down on the couch and try to think what should I do
"I could tell him straight on." I think "or write a letter, naw" I think and shake my head at the thought "what if I surprise him, he's staying over all week. It'll be perfect" I think and say the last part out loud.