Prologue

Heyo! Second attempt at a Glorybringer legacy book! Hope you like this one! I might bring back THoTT (The Heir of Two Thrones) but Idk, will go under serious edits if I do so...

Also, made the cover myself! Drew Shadowscale, he took HOURS but he was SOOOOOOOO worth it! The background is generic, provided by IbisXPaint,  an app I TOTALLY RECOMMEND if you are planning on going digital...

Two dragons raced out towards the hatchery in the dead of night. Excitement radiating from each and every scale as they did so.

"You sure?" The black one called, his voice shaking with excitement as he locked his ebony eyes upon the colorful one. "The it's hatching? Tonight?"

"Yes!!!" She replied, too excited to be annoyed at the fact that this was about the hundredth time he asked. Her scales where a mess of gold, lavender, yellow and pink. The same words replaying in her head as she ran. It's hatching tonight!

When the Royal Hatchery was in sight, both expecting parents picked up speed. More gold exploded across the RainWing's scales, causing her to look almost like a living statue than a dragon. The guard, unaware of them at the moment, was nodding off, his scales a an aqua as his eyes began to droop. Suddenly, the RainWing and the NightWing landed abruptly before him, shocking him out of his drowsy state as his scales blotted with acidic green and dabs of yellow.

"Queen Glory!" He stammered out and gave a clumsy bow. "I-"

She pushed pass him and lunged through the doors of the hatchery.

"WHERE IS IT!!!!!" She roared as she shot back out. She was seething as a fiery red marched across her scales. She lunged at the poor guard and pinned him to the ground. "WHERE IS MY EGG!? WHERE IS HE!?"

He? YES! He is a he! I know! I can feel it!

"P-p-Princess S-s-s-Sunny came by and- and said a N-n-n-NightWing sh-should hatch under the n-n-night s-sky! P-please don't kill me!" He whimpered out. 

"Sunny? How-"

"My little Mango?"

"Don't call me mango, Deathbringer-"

"I think he's trying to, like, breath? Your crushing his throat..."

"What?" The RainWing glanced down at the guard in her clutches and saw that he was, indeed, struggling to breath. 

"Oh." She replied as light pink scales of embarrassment rose and she let go of his throat.

He gasped and greedily gulped the air, his pink eyes silently thanking the NightWing for saving his life.

"Sunny said she'd be on the Royal platform, and to inform you so if you came." He said when he was able to breath somewhat properly again. Without a single word, the RainWing expanded her wings and jumped into the air. The NightWing then turned and gave an apologetic smile to the guard.

"Sorry about the Queen." He said. "She's just-"

"Oh, I understand!" The guard said with a wary smile. "My wife was the same way! Surprising, ever since Glory made sure that every dragonet had a family... well... EVERY female started acting the same way..."

"Ha! Yeah, well, thank you, for the both of us." The NightWing replied as he snapped his wings open.

"Well, if either of you need help with your dragonets, let me know. I've raised eight, a ninth on the way!" He replied proudly, his ruffles expanded, his chest puffed and prideful indigo marching through his scales.

"thanks, we'll keep that in mind." He replied before launching into the air. He had to beat his wings hard to catch up with Glory, and was thoroughly winded by the time they landed on the platform with light thuds. Sunny was perched in it's center, her warm, golden body wrapped around the egg, staring at it with wonder glinting in her green eyes. Glory's scales bubled yellow with flecks of red and orange.