Chapter 4

It's amazing how bigger wings can make the dragon look so much larger! Shadow and Peregrine's bodies are about the same (Shadowscale might be slightly smaller but not as drastically as it looks). 

"Hello? Pyrrhia to Prince Shadowscale." Glory called for the fifth time as she waved her tail before Shadowscale's face. He shook himself from his shock and gazed up at the Queen of Rain and Night. 

"Sorry, mom. Yes?"

"I asked if you two knew each other." She said, a slight tone of irritation lacing her voice.

"Yeah." Shadowscale replied as he turned back to Peregrine. "We met yesterday in the forest."

"Oh... my... MOONS!" Peregrine finally said, shaking with excitement as he continued. "I AM FRIENDS WITH A PRINCE!? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!?"

"Well...." Prince Shadowscale started, smiling sheepishly as he continued. "I didn't want you to treat me special since I'm royalty... But if you said that you came to see the queen, then I would have TOTALLY have told you that I was a prince!"

It was Peregrine's turn to give the prince a sheepish smile. "Well... I didn't want to seem TOO important! You could have been a warmonger and kidnapped me! Then War would break out between the two tribes-"

"Oh hush Peregrine, we aren't that important." Robin snapped, but not unkindly.

"Yeah, a terrifying, warmonger RainWing out for blood and death. Yep, sounds like me." Prince Shadowscale replied sarcastically. Deathbringer snorted, then quickly began coughing to cover it up, but his mind remained amused. He sounds just like his mother!

"Hey! I didn't know you! For all I knew, you could have been! Plus, you look A LOT more NightWing than RainWing so don't blame me for being cautious." Peregrine defended.

Prince Shadowscale chuckled as he made his way towards the SkyWing/IceWing dragonet. "It's alright, I'm just joking with you. It's alright!"

"Oh, yeah, I knew that..."

Prince Shadowscale glanced up at him mother timidly. "Mom... can we go-"

"Yes, you and Peregrine can leave. I thought having to socialize would be torturous for you but obviously, this punishment backfired." She replied. Shadowscale's face brightened as he quickly flew towards his mother and gave her a hug. "Thanks mom, and uhh... can Firefly join us?"

The princess perked at the sound of her own name and widened her big, green eyes. "Oh please, please, please, pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase mommy!!!"

Queen Glory glanced down at her daughter, her face reading sincere sympathy. "No my Little Light. You must stay and watch the negotiation..."

Princess Firefly looked so crestfallen, and Glory guilt clutched the queen's heart. However, in the long run, this will benefit most, this is more important. 

"Maybe next time Fire." Shadowscale said, jumping down and gently patting his little sister's talons with his own. He would have stayed and endured the torture along with her, but then that wouldn't be fair to Peregrine.

"Yeah, please go big brother." Firefly said with a kind smile. "Maybe later, when this is done, I can come and play with you!"

"Yeah." He said with a small smile. "When the negotiation is done. See you later."

"Bye bye!" She called as Shadowscale and Peregrine raced off and took flight. 

"AND COME BACK AT A REASONABLE HOUR THIS TIME! PREFERABLY BEFORE SUNTIME!" Queen Glory called after them.

"Okay mom!" Shadowscale replied, turning and hovering in mid air to give his reply before turning back around and flying after his new friend.

Firstly, Merry Christmas! And my present to you is this chapter!

Now, a few things I need to discuss..

Firstly, please, if I say no on doing a collaboration story with you, please do NOT pester me further about it. Sure, it's my fault, but still, I have A LOT of Fanfictions on this account and I don't need to be bothered with more! Sorry if this sounds blunt, I'm just irritated. I am working on ONE collaboration currently and it was an idea that came up randomly that somehow stemmed from a joke about bacon. Don't ask.

Secondly, like above, I also won't be really taking story requests. Sure, if you saw an idea and wish to see me write it, you can obviously let me know via mb or pm or on my Story Ideas book, but more likely then not, I won't do it. Primarily because I already have a lot on my plate, with 18+ stories and only 2 finished.

Finally, Since I have so many stories, I will be placing a lot of stories on a Temporary Hiatus, I will even have a Hiatus list posted on my Story Ideas book (https://my.w.tt/BFiMtV64D2). Ranks from 1-11 shall be made, (1 being first to be worked on after another story is completed. 11 being last). Rank 0 means it's not on Hiatus. But still, like always, inconsistent updates lol.

1. Far along (planning, mental and written):

2. Not that far along (planning, mental and written):

3. Readers (high):

4. Readers (low):

5. Length (1 book):

6. Length (more than 1 book):

7. Current interest in fandom:

8. Current Decrease in interest in fandom:

9. Just Started:

10. Near completion:

This story is going to be on a Hiatus: Rank 0

Now, When I say story is going to be on Hiatus, it doesn't mean I won't work on it. I write what I feel like writing, so I might make a few sentences to paragraphs here and there then make a small outline of each chapter afterwards to semi-help with the writing process.

So... yeah, that is all, ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY!!!!!