Prologue

I almost lost her.  I took so much from her, and gave so little back.  I want to see her smile everyday, but there is a lingering doubt I still see in those beautiful grey eyes of hers.  I thought it would be easy to start over.  I assumed in my arrogance she would readily forgive me.  Had I caused too much pain?  Had she been through to much?  I know we can not be apart from each other, or bad things happen.  But will she ever fully give me hear heart again?

I don't know what to do to extinguish the phantoms that still plague her.  I wish I did, but I don't.

You know the cliche, as well as I do.

The past always comes back to haunt you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The continuation of Leilani and Damien's love affair.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This is not a stand alone book.  I suggest reading 'Never With Me' before going forward.   I tried to make Leilani the primary POV in the first book.  Though Damien took up quite a bit of space, because I felt the book needed it to show his feelings growing.  But because Leilani was the primary in the first book, I wanted to make Damien the primary of this book.  Leilani's POV will come about here.  But this book was created to show you Damien's pain as well.