[7]: Impatiently waiting

All this pacing I am doing, waiting for her to get home.  I'm surprised the wood in my office doesn't have worn out parts.  Hell, I could even feel my wolf pacing in my mind.  Both of us worried about our mate.  She had been gone since a little after 1:30, and it was now well past 7 in the evening.  The sun had almost completely disappeared on the horizon and there still was no signs of her arrival back home.

        I looked out the window again in my office, and saw two parallel lights off in the distance approaching from the road leading to the house.  Knowing immediately that it was Leilani and Alex coming back.  I rushed out of my office door, not even closing it.  Ran down the stairs, and out the front door.  Just as I got off the porch, the Tahoe was being turned off, and both of them were stepping out of it.  Leilani laughing at something Alex must have said right before they had gotten out.

        Running to her, I wrapped my arms around her waist.  She hadn't noticed me, and was a bit surprised.  Laughing, she turned around and put her arms around my neck.

"Well then, miss you too Damien."

I put my head in her neck again, and inhaled.  Savoring her smell, but then I notice she had a lingering smell of Scott on her, pissing my wolf off.  I don't remember him touching her today while he was here.  It must have.  Ignoring it, I smiled and kissed her nose.

"You have no idea.  My wolf was going a bit crazy not having you near."

"Only your wolf?" she asked teasingly.

"The man might have missed you just a tad bit too."

"Mhmm, just a tad?"

"Ok. A lot."

         I stepped back putting just a little space between us, when I looked over and saw Alex standing their stiffly, with a stern look on his face.

"Alex" I said as I nod my head at him.

Not even acknowledging me, I watched as he stormed off towards his house.  Completely blocking me out.

"Night Leilani, see you tomorrow." he stated with his back towards us.

"What's wrong with him?"

"Oh, we had a little argument today.  Don't worry about it Damien."

        I was pretty sure I also had something to do with his reaction.  We still hadn't talked about our own argument.  I knew I would have to somehow apologize to him, and prove to him that Leilani was everything to me.  I just didn't know what to do. 

"Ok.  Well I'm glad you are home.  Are you hungry? Did you eat?"

"No, Alex and I ate in town before we came back.  That's okay right?"

"Of course it is.  I was just making sure you were taken care of."

"That's so sweet Damien." she said and then leaned up to kiss me, causing me to growl.

"Careful, little one.  You keep kissing me like that, and I may break my promise to you about going slow."

"Hmmm, maybe I don't want you to go slow." her statement causing me to growl yet again.

Stepping back a little further away from me, I heard her say with a serious face.  "About that Damien.I wanted to talk to you about that.  Let me get this stuff up in my room, and then we can talk.  Help me with some of it?"

        I tensed, wondering if I had done something wrong.  She opened the back door on the driver's side of the Tahoe to retrieve some shopping bags.  Leaving a few in there for me to take and carry up.  As I was worrying about what she would say to me, I never noticed we were taking the bags up to my room instead of hers.  It wasn't until I was placing the bags on the bed, that I noticed it.

"Why are we in my room?"

"Well, that's what I wanted to talk to you about Damien.  I am ready to stay with you."

I picked her up then, twirling her around.  So happy that she had finally decided to stay with me. 

"Wait, Damien. Put me down." she said as I put her down.  "This doesn't mean that I don't want to take it slow still, that I don't have doubts, or that I have completely forgiven you yet.  It means I want to move forward, with you.  I'm not ready for you to mark me, or even to make love to you.  But I had time to think today, while I was out with Alex.  And I want us to move forward, not backwards.  And I think, us living in the same room will do that.  I am willing to give this, us, a try.  Just don't disappoint me again, Damien.  Don't hurt me again."

"Thank you for this, little one."

"You're welcome Damien."

"I have a lot to make up for.  While you were gone, I had some time to think as well."

"Oh, and what were you thinking about?"

"Well, Scott..."

I felt her stiffen for a second, "What about Scott?"

"Well not Scott persay, but I noticed how you got upset about him saying Rachel was my mate, when I realized, I haven't publicly corrected that bit of information.  And I want to do that for you, for us.  So I was thinking of having another party.  That way I can tell everyone who really holds my heart.  I thought maybe, I could give you new memories.  Better ones."

"Oh Damien. I would love a party,  But are you sure? I mean, its not every day an Alpha let's the world know of their mistakes.  I mean, we don't have to have a party."

"No, we have to.  I've made too many mistakes in the past with you.  And if I have put my pride aside for a few hours to make up for a bit of it, I will.  I would do anything for you, little one."

She kissed me then, with a smile on her face.  I pulled away from her then, and began quickly running out the door.  Just as I got into the hallway, I heard her yell.

"Where are you going Damien?"

"To your room to grab everything. Don't want you to change you mind on me." I yelled back, and heard her laughter in response.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[Unknown POV]

        I watch their sickening displays of affection by the car.  As if not a care in the world.  As if they hadn't taken away everything I cared about.  She took what I loved, and destroyed it.  And he let her.  I wouldn't let them get away with it.  I am bidding my time, but when it is, I will destroy them.