Epilogue

A/N: I really struggled what to do with the ending of the book.  Whether it should end in a happily ever after or not.  I felt this was the perfect ending to the story.  It might piss some of you off, but this is how I always saw it ending.  It began in Leilani's POV and it will end in Leilani's POV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Leilani's POV]

        I sit here at the rocking chair in the corner of the room, looking out at the frozen terrain.  White pure snow covers everything, the only spot of color is the green peaking out from under the snow covering the evergreen trees.  I always find myself here during the days now.  Rocking back and forth in silence.  It is my new place for solitude, where I find comfort now.  Damien's worn photo in my hand, as I softly stroke his image.

        It has been 7 months since he's been gone.  Sometimes, just as I am waking up, I feel his presence around me.  As if his arms are holding me.  Sometimes my imagination hears his voice whispering words of love to me in my ear.  But I know its all in my mind. Just a fantasy that I wish I could bring to life. 

        I place my hand on my swollen belly, rubbing it lightly over my grey turtleneck sweater.  Feeling the gift he had left me with before he took his last breath from this world.  Leaving me with a piece of him within me.  A son or daughter growing inside of me.  Tears falling from my eyes, like so many times before, as I think of how our child will never know its father.  This child we had created, had given me purpose to live after he was gone.  The only thing that kept me from wanting to follow him.

       Wishing I could have shared feeling its first kicks within me with him.  Sad that I couldn't.  I would give all the love to our child, that I couldn't give to him anymore. I hope he knew I had forgiven him in the end.  I hope he left this Earth knowing I loved him. 

        He had given his life, to save mine, and without even knowing it, saving our child.  And for that, I would always be grateful to him.  Getting up from the rocking chair, I went to our bed that we had once shared.  Curling into myself on the side, as I let my grief consume me, as it had for the last 7 months.  Hoping I wouldn't have the same nightmares of watching him die in my sleep.

        But lucky I wasn't, I never was.  As I fell into sleep, the dream began as it always did.  I am watching us there in the meadow.  Only it is Spring time, just as when he left me.  And I see myself cradling his head in my lap.  I hear myself talking to him.

"Don't leave me alone Damien.  Please don't leave me alone.  I love you so much.  I forgive you, just live please. Live."

        Then I watch as he takes his final breathe.  I see myself falling apart now. I feel my dream self trying desperately to change the path.  But she always ends up writhing in grief.

        I sit up quickly in my bed, waking from the dream, panting.  Hating this dream I keep having, and began sobbing.  But then I feel arms around me, surrounding me in warmth.  I feel hot breath on my neck from behind.  I look back into beautiful green eyes. Not knowing if I am hallucinating or not, or if I am still dreaming.

"Shhh little one, you're just having the nightmare again." he says while kissing my neck where his mark sits.

"Oh God, Damien.  Its always so real.  You always die." I say sobbing.

"But I didn't little one, and I am here with you." I feel his hand cover my pregnant belly.

"Yes, and you kept all your promises to me.  I love you Damien"

"I love you more, little one.  Nothing will ever come between us.  Not even death."

        It's then, I lay back down, in the safety of his arms, and remember.  I saved him in time, just as he had saved me.  We had saved each other with our love.

The End.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Ta-Da!! All done guys!  Now for the next saga in the series. Scott Winterstone and Elise Winterstone's story.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betrayal with Me
http://www.wattpad.com/story/26729708-betrayal-with-me

She was everything I wanted.  Fate had chosen a human as my mate, and I loved her from the moment I set eyes on her.  She held my heart, but then she threw it all away.  So I threw her away.

I punished her, over and over again, wanting to give her what she had given me ten-fold over.  But then, I found out I had gotten it all wrong.  I punished a woman for nothing, when I should have been punishing myself. 

I broke her, when I should have saved her.

This is the tale of Scott WInterstone finding redemption from Elise WInterstone, apart of the 'With Me' series.