[4]: Control

A/N: Oh man, as I am writing this, I have already come up with the plot of the book that will follow this one.  It will be a spin-off, including character(s) that appear in this book.   But one thing at a time!  And now, on to chapter 4.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "So, those things invading our lands are called the Fallen?"

"Yes, Scott.  That is what Alec explained to me."

"I see.  And these, Fallen you say, are Lycans?"

"Yes."

"Okay, so how do they turn into that?  I still do not quite understand it."

        I have been sitting here all morning in a meeting with Scott Winterstone, the Alpha of the Blood Rune pack, his vast territory that borders mine to the South East of my own territory.   I had summoned him here as a courtesy, and we shared a sort of friendship.  Only a few years older than I, we had somewhat grown up together.  Our parents had once been very good friends, and I remember going to his house frequently for dinners, and vice versa.  However, he had lost his parents to the same hunters that had killed Leilani's more than five years ago.  And since then, I have only seen him a hand full of times. 

"Here, read this." I stated as I slid an opened book across my desk towards him.

He places his hand on the open pages of the book, and brings it closer to him.  His eyes cast down, and a look of concentration enters his face.  His pupils moving left to right, over and over, like an old-fashioned typewriter, as he reads the contents of the book.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

'The mating bond in which the Moon Goddess bestows upon two wolves is sacred and must be cherished.  Mates were created by her, to be two parts of a whole and should not be taken lightly.  In the event a mate should be rejected, or a mating bond is completed with a wolf whom is not the Moon Goddess' chosen mate for that particular Lycan, the Lycan that has been set aside for another and/or rejected will experience great hardships.  Sometimes resulting in their death by their own hands. If death does not occur, he or she will become mentally unhinged and lose themselves and become one of the Fallen.  A Fallen is a rogue wolf with zero empathy, and has lost its humanity, forever in the enthrall of the dark.  He or she will become a slave to their murderous thoughts and become an Angel of Death.

The rejected Lycan will begin to experience great physical pain during any intimate encounters his or her mate with another.  As time passes, and the encounters continue to occur, the rejected mate's health will begin to deteriorate and their internal injuries will intensify in strength.  If enough time passes, the rejected mate's wolf will weaken from prolonged subjection to pain, that their healing capacity will greatly diminish until it is completely ineffective in healing them.  When the bruising begins to last for days, instead of a few minutes or hours, the rejected mate has only a few months left to live, or become a Fallen.

 The only known cure for the ailments of a rejected mate, is for his or her destined mate to accept the Moon Goddess' decision and fully mate with the once rejected mate before one becomes Fallen.  However, even if acceptance does finally occur, the once rejected mate may still experience physical hardships for years to come.  However, if a rejected Lycan has already become Fallen, there is no known cure.  There is absolutely no coming back from the dark for a Fallen.  The only way in which a Lycan does not become a Fallen, is through death.'