[9]: Only Rockstars Party Harder

"Leilani, are you ready?" I stated, walking out of the bathroom, looking down at my cuff links in my tux, making sure they are straight. 

        I lift my head up to look at her, and I see her sitting on the bed, as she fashions the strap of her silver shoes on her foot.  Leaning back to and standing, I watch this incredibly woman look back at me.  Her grey eyes twinkling, her cheeks pink from a blush at seeing me.  She takes my breath away, and I feel my heart stop at her beauty.  Damn, I was one lucky bastard to share this life with her.  One day, I hope she will feel lucky being with me too.

"Gorgeous.  Absolutely, and unequivocally, gorgeous." I say to her, as I walk to her and give her a deep kiss.  Hoping to pour all the love I have into it, for this woman in my arms.

"Well hello to you too.  You don't look so bad yourself." she says, as I pull back from her.

"Do we have to go downstairs? I think I would rather keep you too myself right now."

"Damien...."

"Okay, okay.  Let's get this show on the road.  Faster we go, the faster we can finish and I can get you alone.  But before we go, I think you are missing something."

"What? I have everything.  Am I missing an earring?" I watch as her hand goes up to her ear, checking to see if it was in fact missing.

"No, little one.  Hold on, one second."  I state, as I walk over to the dresser, opening the top drawer on where my stuff is held. 

        I take out two boxes, one vastly larger than the other.  The smaller one, I quickly stuff in my pocket before she can see it.  I turn towards her, and hand her the box. Watching her face as she opens it.  Her breath hitching up, as she sees the diamond and ruby necklace resting in the case.

"Damien, it's beautiful."

"Here, let me do the honors."

I take the box from her, extracting the necklace.  She turns around and lifts her hair off the back of her neck, as I began to fasten it to her neck.  After I have, I run my fingertip down her back, causing her to shiver.  She turns around and looks at me then.

"Thank you, Damien." she says, and kisses me.

"No, thank you little one.  If you notice the rubies, they are hearts.  I want you to know, that this necklace represents me giving you my heart.  That I give you my heart so that it may rest next to yours, every time you wear it.  It can not make up for all of my mistakes, but I hope to have a lifetime with you to make up for them.  I love you."

She kisses me again, and I hear her barely whisper the three words I had longed to hear coming from her lips for over a month.  I had felt like a man in a desert, searching for an oasis after not hearing it for so long.

"I love you too.", she says as a single tear slides down her cheek.

"Don't cry little one.  We better go, before you ruin your lovely make-up" I say, as I extend my arm out for her to grab on to.

        I open the door to our room, allowing her to exit first before I do.  We stop for a second at the top of the stairs, and I see the nervousness she has at that moment.  Uncertainty flickering in her eyes. 

"Come little one, I am here with you." I say, as I walk forward with her on my arm.

        Once we hit the top of the stairs and start walking down, just like the party before, everyone stops and looks up at us.  I notice some looks of confusion, and others with curiously.   Low murmurs of people talking to one another.  As if questioning why Leilani was with me and not someone else.  I feel her stiffen next to me, and I know I need to rectify the situation swiftly, before the night is ruined.

"Good evening all.  I am sure some of you are a tad bit confused by my entrance tonight.  So before the party starts, let me clear it up.  A little over a month ago, some of you here, came to celebrate my engagement, but not to the woman whom is currently on my arm." I heard some murmurs of disapproval from the guests.

Continuing with my statement, "That woman, Rachel, was never my mate as most of you assumed.  This beautiful woman next to me, is my true mate.  I was arrogant and stupid in denying her, and I will spend my life trying to make up for it.  It was of no fault of her own, but mine.  So with that being said, I hope you enjoy this evening in celebrating me finally coming to my senses and being with the woman that was made for me.  Now let's all enjoy the company, drinks, and dancing."

        As I ended my statement, I felt Leilani's hand tighten around my arm, and i looked into her eyes.  They were dancing with happiness and love for me.  And she mouthed a thank you, before we continued descending the stairs.  Suddenly applause broke out, and cheers from the attendees, continuing for us all the way until we reached the landing. 

        Once we reach the landing, Alex immediately approaches us.  Giving his sister a hug, and commenting on how beautiful she looks.  Then he turns his attention to me.

"Damien, can I speak with you for a moment?"

"Of course." I state to him, before turning to Leilani. "I am just going to step outside for a second, little one."

"Of course, but please, don't ruin tonight for me. Either of you.  I love you both."

 We both shake our heads yes to her, before stepping outside.