[14]: Unraveling

[Leilani's POV]

        I don't know why I came here.  I haven't been back here since the day I almost died.  All the good memories, replaced by only those of my nightmares.  A place I use to find solitude in, I no longer did.  My solitude now found in the arms of a man, who I couldn't put faith in.  A man who had broken me, once again. When I had arrived here, I had immediately shifted back into my human form.  Walking into the middle of the meadow, immediately dropping down and hugging my knees.  I sat there silently thinking to myself.

Was love suppose to be so hard?
Was it suppose to be this much work? 
What had I ever done to deserve this life? 
Why can't he let go of a dream that never really was?
Why can't he have faith in me?
Why can't he just love me?

       I sit here, questioning everything.  My rage and anger had easily been replaced by the depression that had once engulfed me.  I had thought it was something in the past, that I would never have to feel again.  Especially after what I shared with him last night.  But I should of know.  Remember, I wasn't lucky in life.

        I heard movement behind me and turned around expecting to see Damien's form coming for me, like I knew he would.  Just as I turned my head, I felt something hit it with a crushing blow, causing me to fall back.  As I lost consciousness from the impact, I stared up into a face I had seen before, before everything turned black.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

        Running out the front door, I shifted into my wolf.  I had to get to her.  I had to find her.  I needed to apologize.  How many more times am I going to have to do this, before I learn my lessons?  I keep doing this to her.  I don't know why.  She has never done anything to warrant this response from me, yet I keep punishing her for nothing.  I keep putting her through pain, and all she has ever done was love me.

        I am a bastard of a man.  Unworthy of her love, or being an Alpha. My flaws are great, and I never learn the lessons I should.  I keep letting my own ego get in the way.  Never allowing myself to be flawed.  Always thinking the worst of her, and never looking at myself. 

        I have to get to her, I have to make it right.  I've broken too many promises to her, and it may be too late for us.  But I have to keep trying.  Her love is worth my effort.  She is worth the fight.

        I run towards where I had seen her last, catching her scent.  Somehow knowing where she is went.  Knowing she would go back to were it had all almost ended.  Hoping to God, she doesn't do the same thing all over again.  Hoping to God, she love for me is strong enough to give me one last chance at forgiveness.

        I see the clearing ahead of me, Leilani leaning up against a tree at the far end of the field.  The closer I get to her, the more I take her in.  Her body resting unusually against it.  Something is off about the way her body is slumping up against it.  Her head is lowering, her chin resting on her chest.  As I get closer, I see her hair on the left side, matted in her blood.

        I stop right in front of her, checking her, trying to shake her awake.  I can see her breathing is steady, but she has been knocked out.  Leilani, I keep saying over and over, shaking her shoulders, trying to wake her up.  Her limp head moving back and forth as I do.  That's when I hear someone stepping up from behind me, and I turn to them.

"So glad you decided to join us Damien." I hear the voice say.

"What are you doing here?"

"Taking back what you took, of course." they say.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, I could have continued it instead of going into another chapter, but I wanted to end it on suspense.