3

I was comfy, I was cozy and sleeping in the most comfortable position I had ever been in my entire life. It was a Wednesday and like yesterday I have every intention of going to school late. To be honest I doubt I could ever find this position again so imagine my annoyance when a pair of burning hands started shaking me.

"hmmm five more minutes mum" I muttered into my pillow

"Do I look like I'm forty-five to you?" Oh god! it's...my sister

I rolled over and opened my eyes while looking up at her, she was currently glaring down at me in nothing but booty shorts and a singlet top. Now my sister Leah Clearwater is a problem. And by problem I mean complete and utter bitch.  We had never gotten along even pre Sam we were always cutting at each others throats. I hated her because she was beautiful and smart and bloody perfect before she joined the cult that is. While I'm...pretty and...and well I don't know point is Leah sucks ass and I hate her. 

"Well based on those frown lines Lee I'd say your at least pushing fifty" and the sad thing is that's the most we've spoken in two years.

She proceeded to intensify her glare (how that was possible I don't know) and started shaking,  next minute I was running down the stairs to get as far away from the bitch while screaming my lungs out. Leah surprisingly nipping at my heels even though I had the upper hand.

I was screaming while turning my head to look at her, yep she was seething and on a murderous rampage aimed at me. Now was I scared of my older sister?...no I was just more scared of what she'd do when she catches me. She's  never quite been the same since her break up with Sam. Honestly I wouldn't be the same either if my fiance broke it off for my cousin. But in truth Leah and I have never gotten along, even as kids she was a bitch at least to me. She would never let me play with her and her friends being Rachael, Becca and Em. Literally would say I break her stuff or I was too young and annoying. Which only left Quil to play with and that was torture...no child should ever be subjected to that walking disease. God how is she so fast?. In fairness I didn't think she'd care enough to chase after me...like I said this is most time we've ever spent with each other in the past two years.

I was still screaming by the time I made it to the kitchen, What I wasn't prepared for was the entire cult to be sitting there with amused and in Black's case a concerned expression. I whipped my head to the entrance when I heard Leah muttering "spoiled little bitch is gonna get it"...

God! This coming from the one who steels all the attention from Mum, I swear Mum always gives her more attention because 'Leah needs help to get over Sam' or the classic 'she's just going through a rough patch and she needs us right now' what a load of bull! Mum would let her off with murder while Mum's forgotten my last two birthdays. Well screw it all to hell! I turned around back towards the cult, saw a glass of water in whoever's hand was closest to mine, grabbed it, winked at the owner of the glass being Jacob and then when the bitch I call a sister finally entered the room I threw the water in her face.

I heard gasps, I heard mutterings and before I knew it my mother was standing right beside Leah looking like an older more dry version of my sister...it was kind of comical. Both were glaring at me with their hands on their hips...yep I was in deep shit.

"April Mae Clearwater! Never have I been so disappointed in you what on earth possessed you to throw water in your sister's face?!?"

I don't why I said it, but right now it seems my brain has lost the ability to function "I threw it in her face because of her ugly mug" it fell from lips almost immediately. I heard a burst of laughter behind me by...you guessed it Quil, and Leah growled at me, yep apparently the bitch I call sister actually growled at me. That's just not normal.

My mum raised her eyebrows at me and then pinched the bridge of her nose as if the thought of dealing with me was just too exhausting to deal with.

"Well I think it goes with out saying that your grounded"

"What?!? She started it!"

"Well now I'm finishing it! And your grounded for a week"

"But you can't I have the pep rally and a party this friday...I can't just bail on my friends they need me" I was glaring at Leah who then started smirking in satisfaction, urgh this was all her fault!

"April you go to a party every week I doubt the world would end if you skipped one, your grounded! And I mean it young lady! you come straight home after school, no friends, no parties and no Alec!" I heard a relieved sigh from behind me and I turned to find Jacob Black. He was wearing shorts and... no top. Holy shit I can't believe I'm saying this, but he looked glorious, I'm not kidding his eyes were mesmerizing like god I hope I'm not drooling right now but damn, since when has this low-key god been living in my neighborhood?!? He was brooding down at me like he was disappointed?...annoyed? I wasn't so sure but it was hot. 

"April Clearwater! Did you hear what I just said?"

Oh shit. I had just checked out Jacob Black in front of not only the cult but my mum, sister, brother and...Paul. I turned to Paul who was currently glaring at the table purposely avoiding eye contact. my heart felt torn. This was wrong I was in love with Paul, I didn't have feelings for Jacob Black it was just sexual attraction gone wrong. It had to be. I looked up towards my mum who was suppressing a smile and Leah who was fiercely glaring at Jake. Oooh were they together?, damn way to go Lea. But shit that means I just eye fucked the future Chief and Leah's boy toy? fuck I'm dead. The two of them are probably plotting my murder right now. I mean it looks like they're having a convo about it with their eyes right now. Yep those are definitely the looks Leah uses when she's about to murder someone. 

"Um yeah" was my ever so confident reply, god why won't the world just swallow me up already?

My mum raised her eyebrows at me clearly seeing through my lies "Care to repeat it?".

Okay no biggy I got this "That I'm grounded..." she was still waiting unexpectedly, okay so maybe I don't got this.

"I said that to make up for all the spare time you'll have, you can start by helping out more around the house, starting with cleaning this kitchen from top to bottom" with that she walked past me, patted my shoulder and muttered "the broom and cleaning supplies are in the closet you start straight after school" and left the room.

Okay now this was awkward what does one do after they've just been yelled at by their mother in front of angry cult members, an ex-boyfriend and their bitch ass siblings?. Promptly leave the room? Yep I'm go with that.

I handed Black his glass and I noticed his hand lingered on mine for a little too long, when I promptly let go, he was smirking down at me. I sighed man I've got it bad...wait I have a boyfriend. A boyfriend who I'm using for a good time but still I'm committed, and Jacob Black was someone I shouldn't date. He was a cult member; the next chief of the tribe and he was going through some weird dark biker phase. And I was April Clearwater, I was a cheerleader, Prom Queen...I don't even know him and yet I feel as though I wouldn't survive another day on this planet if I couldn't at least see him again. Forget Leah and her growling, me and my sudden interest in Jacob Black isn't normal!