13

I needed a new plan. Obviously avoiding everything to do with the cult wasn't going to work out.  I also think that trying to avoid the mystery that is Jacob Black and his voodooness only complicates things. So I'm a little fucked. But on the bright side my social standing is still intact, you win some you lose some I guess. 

Although I don't actually have a new plan, I'm sticking with bits of my old plan like now for instance. It's a Saturday and there's voices downstairs, cult voices. So naturally I'm hiding in my room. But it's the second time that my stomach has rumbled and I think I'll die if I go any longer without food. 

Options are as follows:

1.Starve and avoid the cult? 

2. Or eat, survive and tolerate the cult for as long as it takes to eat a sandwich ?

 Going option two.

I did my best to tip toe down the stairs like ninja, proceeded to then stand stiff against the wall and shuffle towards the kitchen and pop my head in the doorway. Now I thought I was quiet but alas four heads were staring back at me as if I was a fucking elephant coming down the hall.

Seth, Colin,Brady and Leah were all staring at me as if I'd lost my head. In fairness , I was whipping my head in every direction incase Jacob suddenly pops outta nowhere (wouldn't be the first time).When I was confident he wasn't in my kitchen I huffed at everyone. I walked innocently into the kitchen as if I didn't just pretend I was in spy kids. I could feel that they were all still watching me, slightly making me uncomfortable...

Leah  sighed. "Leave now" 

Well fuck her! I went to take a step out of the kitchen until I felt something burning my wrist.

"Not you". I looked at my sister who was gripping my wrist and staring at the ceiling as if to say lord give me strength. Colin and Brady were quick to leave something about patrol and muttering 'you're sisters are scary bro' to my brother. Speaking of which Seth was currently hopping from one leg to other while looking at Leah anxiously. 

"Leah I'm staying". He said it so confidently that I snorted in amusement. 

My sister raised her eyebrows at him, "Jacob will look in your head first, you patrol with him every second day. You need to leave, and forget this conversation even happened, you idiot."

My brother's shoulders slumped but he still maintained eye contact with our older sister. "I'm  not a little kid anymore Leah, April's my sister too you just can't shut me out...I can help". His eyes were teary and he was giving Leah the biggest puppy eyes that he usually saved for mum when he wanted a new ps game. 

" yeah you'd only help by showing Jacob everything the second you go on patrol. You and I both know that your not strong enough to block the guys when they want to root though that thick skull of yours. So leave! I won't tell you again". She growled out the word again and it scared the fuck out of me, Seth too apparently because he ran out of not only the kitchen but the house.

Which just left me and my crazy sister who currently had me in a Kung fu grip. 

"Since when are you and Seth fighting?"

"We're not". 

I think she might be blind.

"Okay, well obviously I'm not one to judge but from an outsiders perspective it seems like you can't fucking stand him. I mean I can't either, but I'd kill to just have him talk to me the way he does with you. So don't start hating him for no reason Leah!" 

She sighed. "I don't hate him, he just doesn't understand and he can't help. He'd only make things worse and get as all in trouble"

"In trouble with who?... this about the cult isn't?. Ooo are we going to get in trouble from Sam or Jacob?." I asked in fake fear. 

"Both if you don't keep Your mouth shut!" She was glaring down at me, the same glare she'd just used on Seth seconds before he bolted for dear life. It was at that moment that my stomach did the loudest rumble to remind me of the real reason I came down here. I looked back at my sister's glare with a sheepish smile. 

"Sorry...would you believe I haven't eaten all day." 

"Clearly" she muttered. Leah rolled her eyes and pushed her coffee cup towards me. I eyed it suspiciously before looking back at my sister. She looked bored and annoyed, which is how she always looked around me. I took a sip and five seconds was all it took for me to spit it back in her face. Literally.

The psychopath drinks black coffee!. No sugar, no milk and defiantly no sweetener. No my sister only drinks four teaspoons of instant coffee and water. It's moments like these where if it weren't for the fact that we sadly looked similar,I wouldn't think we'd be related.   

" Urgh what the actual fuck! What is it with you and spilling stuff on me!". Her glare had intensified and she instantly let go of my wrist. She was trying to regulate her breathing and I took a step back because if I didn't then I wouldn't put it past her to slap me.  But what surprised me was when I took a step back she whipped her head towards me and she had on 'the look'.

The 'look' is this face my sister has when she comes up with something crazy. I know your probably thinking that Leah is always crazy but the look is another thing entirely. She gripped my wrist again and muttered " it's not my fault if you accidentally see me phase". 

Next thing I know I'm being dragged out of the kitchen.

"Leah, you freak! Let me ago, I'm hungry goddamit!". I tried dragging my feet but she's super fucking strong. 

"Trust me Ace, in a few minutes you won't be able to stomach anything"

"Let me GOOO!" I screamed the word go, because screaming is my last resort. It seemed to do the trick based off Leah's cringe. She'd managed to drag me out to the yard and was giving me the biggest shut the hell up before I kill you look. 

"Shut up! They'll hear you!"

Oh well in that case. "Hellllp, Rape, Murdrmmmuohh" . she'd clasped her had over my mouth and finely stopped dragging me around.  She was shaking really badly and her eyes were darting  between me and the tree line. As I looked closer Jacob, Quil, and Embry emerged. Quil was dragging Seth along with them by his arm, his head was down in what could only be shame. I knew it was too good to spend a whole day without seeing his face!

Jacob started slowly coming closer towards Leah and I. With every step he took I could see my sister's 'look' dwindle. He smirked at my confused look and then frowned at my sister. I looked back at him giving me my best 'help me' eyes. I mean I'm starving and I don't have time to deal with crazy idiot sister. He looked back at me and upon seeing my 'help me' face, his frown deepened. 

"You need to let her go Leah"

My sister just growled in response. Okay well that's mature. And crazy. 

"You know I can't let you do this, you'll betray the pack"

She snorted "Like I give two shits about the pack!"

She turned sightly to Jake and the look was back on her face. She had a plan and I knew she was about to manipulate Jake into it. "If we phase right now then she'd know...Quil wouldn't rat us out to Sam he's family. We can bribe Embry plus he's your best friend...bro code and all that loyalty bull shit. Sam wouldn't find out Jake." 

He tilted his head which I've learned is his go to thinking look. Apparently there's not enough brains in his head , so whenever he needs to use his two brain cells he has to tilt his head so they can meet and make a decision. I found it adorable.

My sister smiled at him. " Come on Jake! No more manipulating her into falling for you, no more lying. Forget Sam!, Forget the elders!. Your an alpha by birthright . Who say all shifters have seduce their imprint! Plus it's April we're talking about...it could be years before she loves you". 

He sighed "We'd be betraying the pack, we both know Seth is a lose cannon. They'd find out it was us".

"We wouldn't be betraying anyone or have to worry over Seth letting lose if we formed our own pack!".