Chapter 6

I arrive nervously at 1000 5th Avenue, pulling my burgundy scarf tighter I take one last look down at my outfit. Looking up I see her coming towards me, she was talking to someone on the phone. 

"Yes backdoor, no.. just the two of us..." I hear her saying as she approaches me 

"... yes, yes exactly..."

I don't mind at all that she is on the phone because here she was as promised and it also allowed me to take a closer took at her. My heart flutters and my knees go weak. 

"I hope this can be arranged... uhm.. yes... no.. no thats... I think it was last Wednesday...."

I had no idea what they were talking about, maybe it was about a new role. "Perfect, thank you so much!" She ends the call.

"You came" She smiles.

"Of course I did" and I add "I felt it was about time to give back my hostage" I pull out her sweater from my handbag and hand it over. Part of me wishes I could have kept it forever. But if giving it back meant seeing her one more time it was a fair price. 

XXXX 

The words tumbled out of my mouth as she explained „I'm sorry, I don't want to waste your time." Her eyes widened and she shook her head in dismay. "No please don't think that way, it's always a little stressful and I feel like I never really stop working .. but."

She looked me in the eye "I decide how I spend my time and now I would like to spend it with you. So don't say that again. "She gave me a serious look," And don't even think it okay? " Said in an almost commanding but caring tone.

I nodded and a hot tear rolled down my cheek. I cursed myself for it but it was out of my control. I think it was a mixture of the panic that had befallen me, the relief that followed her words. Hearing those worried words from her was very overwhelming.

My hand wanted to wipe away the tears before Sarah could see it but she already had and her look became even more caring if that was possible.

She took my cheek in her hand and brushed the tear away with her thumb.

My heart was beating so loud I was afraid she could hear it. The world moved in slow motion. We looked into each other's eyes.

The car stopped. She smiled it was a different smile than usual and I wondered if she had felt it too...

"By the way, you have something yellow here." She wisperd smirking "Could be color but could also be mustard".

I had to laugh and found my voice again it was a little hoarse "No mustard. Definitely color.

"I painted for the first time in my atelier today. Sometimes when I am too over motivated, more color lands on me than on the canvas.

„Your own studio?" She asked interestedly and then replied "Tell me about it later we should get out first"".

She opened the car door and gave me her hand to help me getting out of the car.

We stood in unexpected flashlight. There weren't many paparazzi but I recognized the reporter who had previously her before. He must have followed us.

I felt Sarah stiffening. And at the next flash she let go of my hand.

This moment remained in my head long after. She had dropped it as if it was too hot to touch it. Maybe it was a normal reaction, nothing to overthink. But it felt like the connection we had broke off. As if the moment in the car never happened and it felt like something was missing. I pulled myself together and repressed the inappropriate emotion.

We walked across the street towards the museum, closely followed by paparazzi.

She had raised her head high and walked ahead with great strides. It seemed as if she was trying to escape the situation. I had difficulty keeping up.

"Sarah" the reporter said near us.

"Are the rumors true?" She didn't answer.

He was now trying to get her attention in another slimy way. "You look so hot today ... please Sarah one question."

This time she forced a smile and politely said "Thank you and no."

He didn't let go of us „Its about Holland, media says you had a fight?"

The whole situation overwhelmed me. I looked at it and saw how she stiffened even more. Her face was now an unreadable mask and she didn't give him any more attention.

"Have you split up?" He asked, demanding and relentless.

"What happened, Miss Paulson?"

„Sarah!!" He didn't give up

She still didn't look at him, the way to the entrance felt forever.

"So the rumors are true, your relationship is over." I couldn't believe how pushy he was. But what came next brought it to the top.

With an hateful tone he said, frustrated that she ignored him"Obviously more mummy issues than love story".

And if I hadn't seen Sarah in so many films and interviews in the past few years, I might have missed how she clenched her jaw or how her knuckles went white unter her tight grip to her bag. I saw her swallow her anger but she stayed professional. No word, no look, no emotion.

She really was, the best actress in the world.

To be continued ...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Just wanted to let you know that what the reporter says to her doesn't reflect my opinion at all. I support and love Sarah and Holland. They are such an inspiring couple and maybe without even knowing they made a huge difference in many lives because they are being so open and honest about their love. They are great I am so happy that they found each other!