Chapter 8

The light brightened the room. The only thing in the room was the white walls, the dark brown wooden floor and in the corner was my yellow canvas. The previous tenant had left a few things.

Beside the canvas also some cups and glasses in the kitchen. I wish he had left a coffee machine too. But actually I was glad that I had a kitchen at all, even though it was very small. I knew that I would spend a lot of time here once I had settled in.

Only now I noticed that there was no seating at all. I cleared my throat.

"I should have put in chairs or something in here." I replied insecurely.

"Nonsense, how could you have known I'd come here... But I really wouldn't mind if we turn the heating on a little."

I turned on the heater. Sarah took off her coat and I wanted to take it off but she spread it out on the floor and sat on it. Maybe it was the spontaneity and simplicity of everything in that moment that made it feel so normal and comfortable.

I was here in my own studio, in New York! With none other than Sarah Paulson! Sarah I corrected myself.

It would be a lie to say I would not slip back into Fangirl mode sometimes.

But who wouldn't? For years you have been following a person, you have seen all their movies and interviews.

You see them receiving awards that are so well deserved. You cry and laugh with them and think of them in the weirdest everyday situations.

But the truth is that the relationship is one-sided. At one point you feel like the best friend and the secret stalker at the same time.

You feel like you know them inside and out and yet you don't really know them at all.

A phenomenon I will never fully understand. How you could feel so connected to a person who doesn't even know you exist.

And for most of us this "in between" feeling remains, I was an exception. Some kind of lottery win.

And my lottery win was sitting in front of me, smiling.  On the dusty floor that I definitely should have cleaned.

She reached out a hand to me and I let myself fall on the floor next to her and mumbled embarrassed "I really should have cleaned up."

She laughed "No Stop it!" She playfully slapped me on the upper arm "It's not like I'm the president of the United States or Umm don't know ..Cheeer."

"What would you do if Cher was sitting on your dirty floor?" I replied amused

And Sarah responded as always quick at repartee."I would offer her a drink!"

I laughed and thought of the bottle of whiskey  my landlord had given me.

"Whiskey?" I asked

„Abso-f*kin-lutely" she said.

I went to the kitchen and poured two glasses.

We toasted and sat down and took a big gulp at the same time.

The whiskey ran down my throat and I grimaced a little. I rarely drank high-percentage alcohol.

"jeez thats strong..." Sarah said and stirred the liquid in her glass, "but it's good."

"My landlord's family owns a distillery." I explained.

"Sooo" my tongue was a little loose, that stuff really went straight into the bloodstream. "What would you and Cher do?"

She laughed and took another sip. "I don't know... I'd very likely embarrass  myself in front of her, sing one of her songs or spill my drink on myself .." She winked at me and knew she meant it in reference to my accident with the coffee in the coffee.

"Heey," I said playfully defending myself, "That's my specialty."

"What exactly?" She asked and saw me smiling with narrowed eyes and a slight flirtatious smile.

"To make a complete fool of myself in front of..." The person you have admired for ages and the most intense celebrity crush you ever had.

My tongue may have been loosened but I wasn't drunk and I definitely didn't want to tell her that.

"..you" I pressed out and she looked at me with eyebrows raised so she expected more or at least something to keep the playful conversation going.

I hastily took another sip.

She broke the strange silence. "Once I was at a party and she was there too" she took dramatic pause "aaaand... I sniffed the back of her head."

"No you didn't" replied with a shocked tone and was relieved that she had changed the subject.

"Yes I did. It was at the met gala, She was there, I was there aaaand yes then it happened. I sniffed her hair. "

"Does she know ?!"

"God, I hope she doesn't." Sarah said, but I have a feeling she knows

"She wished me a happy birthday last year, so I at least know that she doesn't hate me.." she said proudly.

I laughed and that's when it hit me. "even Sarah Paulson gets starstruck sometimes"

"Very Much." She said.

When I got up to get the bottle, I could have sworn that Sarah was checking me out from top to bottom. Or maybe it was just my imagination, triggered by too much whiskey.

Meanwhile it was the second glass we emptied. And it was still burning.  I could feel a warm tingling feeling that had spread throughout my whole body. From my red cheeks to the tips of my toes. I wasn't sure if it was because of the whiskey or because she was so close.

Our eyes met. And in drunken state it was much harder to get away from hers. I don't know if I had withstood that look in sober condition, it was so intense. An intensity that made me feel this connection that we had before she dropped my hand today.

My heart was beating loud, my breath was shallow. I looked at her lips, how often had I imagined how they would feel on mine. I looked into her eyes again and slowly we came closer.

As if there was an invisible magnet.

I could smell the whiskey from her mouth and her warm old one on my skin.

To be continued...

I could smell the whiskey from her mouth and her hot breath on my skin.

To be continued ...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hope you enjoyed this horrible little cliffhanger ❤️