hear the sound of heartstrings snapping? Mantis does. she has cool powers.

"Whoever that is is fat as hell!" Rocket grumbled. "Breaking a whole ship like that." Cracks appeared across the roof.

  "We're going to die and you still have the audacity to act like that," Gamora mumbled. "Some of us are scared shirtless." She eyed Peter.

  "Who says I'm scared shitless!" Peter took out his element gun and aimed it at the roof. "Rocket is."

  "I'm scared shitless but I am not scared," Drax offered.

  "You don't make sense," Mantis whispered, and Drax grunted. He unsheathed two large knives from his boots, gripping them tightly at each side. He stood in front of Mantis, his face fierce.

  "Well, I'm not scared shitless because being dead is a privileged thing," Rocket retorted. He took out a huge gun slung across his small back.

  Nebula and Gamora both had little to no weapons. Valkyrie guessed they were brilliant fighters in hand-to-hand combat.

  "Whoever this is, remember," Thor said, Stormbreaker in one hand and Mjolnir in the other. "We don't want to kill them if it's my friend. We want to save her, not kill. She's strong, and stronger even when mind-controlled. She's going to be ruthless." He looked at Valkyrie as if his words were directed to her especially.

  Valkyrie gulped and nodded.

  "If the ship explodes, you'll need this." Peter took out something circular from inside his leather jacket and tossed it to Gamora. Then, he took out more and gave it to the others.

  Valkyrie caught hers, and the ship shuddered. She struggled to remain balanced when the ship lurched from side to side as the roof was bashed open and torn away, revealing none other then Carol Danvers.

  The others all pressed the circular device and was immediately encased in something that resembled a spacesuit. Thor activated his too and helped a clueless and panicking Valkyrie to activate hers. "It's a Holographic Spacesuit."

  Spacesuit. Valkyrie should've known. She looked up at Carol above them, and the fire in her heart flared. She felt a sense of hopelessness rush over her. She couldn't fight Carol. She couldn't. She just couldn't do it.

  "Hey I know her!" Rocket cried just as Carol grabbed him and threw him off the spaceship, his screams ringing loud and clear. That got the others springing into action. Gamora leaped out of the damaged ship and barrelled right into Carol, who blasted her away easily. Nebula screamed and landed a blow on her face, but was thrown away as well. Drax launched Mantis into the air and she wrapped her legs around Carol's neck, her hands reaching for Carol's head with difficulty for Carol started swinging around violently. Drax roared when Mantis was received a blow to her jaw which sent her flying. He jumped, both knives raised, but Carol dove toward him without hesitation and punched him hard in the stomach. Groot extended his branches and it ensnared Carol. As Carol struggled, Peter raised his gun and fired a blast of fire toward Carol. Carol ducked and broke free, ripping Groot's branches. She then landed on the ship and grabbed Peter by the collar, throwing him away easily. She reached for Groot when Thor launched Mjolnir at her. It hit her in the chest and she sailed across the ship, hitting the back of the ship and crumbling down. Thor ran to her and called Mjolnir back. As soon as the hammer lifted off of her, Carol flew straight toward Thor and both of them went crashing out of the ship, leaving a gaping hole in their wake.

  "Thor!" Valkyrie screamed. She threw herself out of the ship and looked around. Groot followed her.

  She threw Groot out of the way when an energy blast shot toward him. Carol was speeding back toward her, Thor nowhere to be seen. Valkyrie steeled herself and looked at Groot. "I need you to rebuild the ship with your roots and branches. I'll keep her distracted. When you're done, fly this ship back toward Earth and wait for us there. Do you know who Bruce Banner is?"