the traitor revealed, Romanoff, and Loki's sceptre.

okay just for the information just pretend Cap never got old and he was young as ever and never married Peggy because I was upset about his ending in Endgame and therefore will not be in this fanfic. thank you.

"You guys got me good." Intruder Natasha smirked, then brandished the sceptre from her back like a knife. "But I got you guys faster." Then, a dark blue cloud started to envelop her.

  "She got the sceptre!" Bruce yelled.

  Without saying anything, Natasha leaped after her past self and both of them grappled with each other. The mist folded in on them and became smaller and smaller until it was gone, taking both Natashas with it.

  Everyone was speechless for a moment.

  "We're dead," Tony declared.

  "There has to be a way." Wanda staggered to her feet and Vision held her close to his side. "Maybe I can..."

  "You need to rest, Wanda," Vision interrupted her quietly.

  "No." She pushed herself away from him and rushed toward Strange, shaking his shoulders. "Open a portal."

  "But I-" he started.

  Then, the same blue cloud appeared behind Wanda and spat Natasha out. It then disappeared again.

  "Nat!" Tony rushed to her and held her up. "What are you even thinking just now?"

  Natasha grinned up at him. She thrusted the sceptre into his hand. A bruise was starting to appear on her cheek and her braid was messed up. But other than a few cuts and scratches here and there she looked perfectly fine. And triumphant. "I get to beat the shit out of myself," she announced as though it was an accomplishment she was proud of. Her tone hardened. "Thanos somehow found a way to mind-control the past me. And I figured out your friend there is also a victim to his mind-control." Her eyes flicked to Peter on the floor. She kneeled down in front of him in almost a predatory way. "He must've been the one who killed Wanda."

  Valkyrie bristled, and when Natasha looked up at her, her rage retreated back slightly. There was just something in those wintry and alluring eyes that screamed dominance and made you feel small and intimidated. And Valkyrie never felt small and intimidated. So she bristled even more. Natasha cocked her head slightly.

  "We need information out of him." Natasha picked Gamora to be the next victim of her intense gaze. "Will you like to knock him out? Or would you rather I do it? And it won't be pretty. Because we need to make sure he's completely utterly absolutely free from the mind-control."

  Gamora stepped up and crouched down beside Natasha. Then, she took one of Natasha's guns and hit her lover hard on the head.

-

"They got away with the sceptre," the redhead growled. Her nose was bleeding and one eye was swollen shut. Still, she looked stunningly gorgeous. "And they seemed to have knocked Quill into unconsciousness. And they got Stark, Wanda, Vision, and the Natasha from before back."

  "And you managed to fail in a fight against yourself." The gigantic man towered before her in his throne. "It's such a shame. The strongest avenger used to be dead, but the little witch is back again."

  Carol eyed the Russian spy and Loki next to her. Everyone waited in tense silence while the Mad Titan tapped his fingers against the rocky armrest.

  "Carol?"

  Carol snapped to attention. The linger of fingers on her cheek. A warm body pressed against hers. Beautiful, beautiful, warm brown eyes. Worried, soft eyes. But happy. They were happy. Happy when seeing her. She gritted her teeth. "Yes, Almighty Thanos?"