Chapter 1

"Imaan! Imaan!" Noora excitedly called the girl who was stargazing while laying on her balcony floor on a cold night.

She loves cold weather and cold things but her personality was anything but cold.

"Yes, Noor what happened?"Imaan asked her while sitting up straight adjusting her yellow scarf so it would cover her up decently even though Noora was her sister Imaan had always been a very modest woman even to her own family.

Noora rolled her eyes at her sister's typical behaviour and informed her of the exciting news she had with a beaming smile "It looks like you are going to get marrie-" before she can even end or in her case start the sentence Imaan finished it for her.

"Married?"

"Let me finish!" Noora shouted angrily she hated when anyone interpret her speech.

"Oh okay calm down!" Imaan said blushing lightly, she never was the type to interpret but she couldn't help it in this case!

"As I was saying Daddy said he was going to get you married to uncle Razzak's son you know him right? Wahid Hussain or something I only saw him once but he was soo~"

Imaan was not hearing the rest of the babbling as it usually doesn't make any sense.

'She is probably lying, right? Playing a cruel prank on me?' Imaan thought as she couldn't believe it!

It is not like she was against arranged marriage or anything but her possible future husband made her confused.

Wahid never liked her!

They went to the same school for three years and he bullied her every day for being a 'prude', and that was the reason she begged her dad to send Noora to another school nearby fearing that her dear sister will also be bullied mercilessly by him just because Imaan was her older sister.

Fortunately for Noora, her sister saved her from him.

but Imaan, She didn't have an elder sister to save her so she suffered silently but she admired Wahid from afar even though he was a bully he was nice...sometimes.

Not to her of course.

He had good grades and well manners but to her, he was an exception he seems to despise her and now she was horrified,

Marrying him?!

She cut her sister off who still was rambling about feeling lonely after her marriage leaving her the only female in the house along with her sister-in-law.

"Are you serious?!" Imaan asked distressed.

"Yes! You don't trust me? I am your sister!"Noora replied a little insulted with her face flushed scarlet red.

Imaan looked into her sister's eyes.

She was indeed serious!

Not wasting a second,

Imaan rushed outside her room quickly to have a talk with her father who now makes decisions about her life without her consent.

While she was on her way she stumbled upon her elder brothers who were busy talking soundly about something but not busy enough to not notice their little sister who was rushing downstairs.

"Imaan!" Shouted her eldest brother Aarav running behind her while Ameer her second oldest brother followed behind him.

Imaan spared a glance behind but did not bother to wait for them, searching in every room for her father.

She opened the drawing-room room and sure enough there he was!

The man who decided for her.

Tahir Sadakhah was calmly drawing a picture of a wedding ceremony on a big canvas he owned.

Completely obvious to his elder daughter standing before him breathing heavily with her raven hair sticking out a little from her tight hijab she quickly adjusted them and glared at her father who glared her back which was enough for her to turn her head down and apologise.

"Sorry father" Imaan apologised still keeping her head down ashamed of herself she should never disrespect her father even though he sometimes makes bad decisions in life, her life.

She was nervously fidgeting with her fingers waiting for his response when her two brothers finally appeared behind her catching her they glared at her and greeted their father "Assalamu Alaikum father" they both said simultaneously and turned towards their sister "Why didn't you stop when I called you?" Aarav asked angrily but before she could defend herself her father began to scold her.

"First you glared at your father and now you were ignoring your brothers! you are forgetting your manners lady I will not tolerate this kind of behaviour in my household!"

Her father shouted angrily,

'Maybe it was the right time to tell her' he thought while she was staring at them guiltily almost crying.

Before he could open his mouth again  Ameer started "We were just going to Inform her about her marriage and she ran away from us!"

Imaan's ear perked up hearing the word marriage she almost forgot about it,

Almost

But she couldn't speak up now not when they are scolding her without a break.

Aarav and Ameer also knew about her marriage.

Of course, they would know they were present when Razzak asked their dear sister in marriage to his son.

They were angry yes, but that quickly went away when their father convinced them that Wahid is the best choice for her because he is rich and smart and only a rich and smart man can protect their precious sister from the evils of this world,

And that the best rich man for her can only be Wahid the only man who can protect her,

Or so they thought.

"Father" The silent girl finally broke her silence.

"I don't want to marry him father" Imaan to her father nervously fidgeting.

Tahir along with his two sons was never more shocked by her than now she never disobeyed her father not even that one time she was forced to give up her passion for her father's demand to study Medicine rather than designing which she desired to do; that was the hardest thing for her to do.

But this is nothing like that! this is her future!

"Give me one good reason Imaan," Her father asked trying to control his temper which he did by clenching his fist.

He wasn't an abusive parent and that isn't going to change but it was obvious that he had quite a temper.

It was a tricky question but she couldn't rat out Wahid because she isn't like that, actually telling on him is the last thing on her mind!

If she wanted to tell her family about the bullying she would've done that a long time ago it's been 4 years since school had finished and she had long forgiven him but she forgives but is not stupid enough to forget.

So Imaan thought for a second before telling the perfect answer.

"Noor loves Wahid"

Or not so perfect answer?

Maybe Imaan isn't the brightest bulb in the box.

______________________________________

This is a new story attempt by me

So please Vote to support me!

It gets better! I swear