Chapter 12

"Nothing of your concern" Wahid replied grimly wanting to let go of the conversation.

But Imaan was not someone to let go of something that easily,

"You can tell me, friends share everything!" She pressured him with a warm smile on her face trying to assure him that he can trust her.

"Just go away! Go and pray or something" Wahid replied not wanting to lash out at his anger which was surfacing.

He gets irritated when someone wants to sneak their nose into his business.

Imaan gave up finally with a loud sigh and a frown on her face.

She prayed all by herself and without giving up any hope she made du'a for her husband and her marriage and cried for his faith.

Wahid observed her from afar trying to understand her.

Wahid heard her mumbling du'as under her breath mostly for him.

He didn't like her at all and yet she was praying for him he thought.

How can a girl be so naive he obviously lied to her about being 'friends', he didn't even want to be her enemy let alone a friend!

He agreed just so she would get some 'hope' in their marriage and leave him alone at least until she realise that he lied and leave him alone forever in their marriage.

'how long?' he thought.

Knowing that he can't possibly ignore his marriage forever doesn't mean that he is not going to try.

After a long time, Imaan finally finished her prayers, she folded her praying attire, keeping it inside the praying mat, and she turned towards the bed to sleep when she realised Wahid was taking up the whole bed!

With his legs stretched on both sides, he lay like a starfish snoring its life out!

It was obvious that he doesn't want her sleeping beside him.

Now, where should she sleep!?

She shrugged and took a pillow from the bed.

The same pillow she had on her lap before.

Adjusting her legs on the corner nook of the sofa she tried to find a comfortable position,

There was no comfortable position but it's not like she have any other options than the Sofa and the floor.
______________________________________________________

Imaan woke up early in the morning to complete her morning prayer.

After prayer, she glanced at her husband who was almost falling off the bed with his one leg and one hand on the floor.

Imaan laughed at this sight, the last time she saw him he was like a starfish taking up the whole bed and Now he was barely hanging by!

'Maybe I can sleep beside him' she thought.

She silently took her pillow and laid it beside his.

But immediately took it back when she realised he probably will not like that.

She glanced at the bed longingly and glared at the sofa which was making her sides ache.

She stretched and finally lay on the sofa and slept again uncomfortably yet.

______________________________________________________

Wahid's alarm rang loudly waking up both him and his wife who suddenly jerked from the sofa and fell but continued to sleep again hugging the sofa's leg oblivious to her husband's stare.