Chapter 22

Dawood waited impatiently for his flight to arrive when suddenly his phone rang, He groaned and looked at his mobile's screen and rolled his eyes on seeing his father's name display as 'Dad'.

He thought about rejecting it but sighed and attended the call,

"Assalamu Alaikum Dawood!" Screamed Dawood's father from the other side in a distressed voice.

"Wa Alaikumussalam Dad" Dawood replied without any energy as he leaned on his suitcase lazily.

"Please liste-"

"I am listening Dad you have said enough so please stop it" Dawood cut his father off of his pleading speech and pinched his brows.

"Okay, but just listen to me this once, the girl you are going to meet is happily married"

That was his father's last words before the call cut off

Those lines were enough for Dawood to drop his phone and stare at it in shock, He wanted to believe that his father is lying, but the problem is that he never does.

'Imaan is married?!' Dawood thought as he kicked his suitcase grabbing the attention of the other passengers but he was tense enough to not notice.

The young adult paced around the airport's waiting area trying to understand the unexpected situation.

He left everything for her and she was married? All he ever wanted was her and now she's taken?

He couldn't believe that his Innocent Imaan was married!

And was furious at his family for not informing him beforehand, if had known about her getting married he would have stopped it by any means possible!

It is not that he's obsessive over her(maybe a little) but it's just he fell in love with her when they were very young and couldn't accept it, No one deserves her more than he does! Angry thoughts were running through his mind as he searched for a solution to his dilemma.

She was his childhood best friend and spent most of his time with her but as they grew older Imaan's feelings for him grew and finally she confessed to him but being the arrogant bastard he was at the time rejecting her didn't shake him and hoped to be friends with her but Imaan distanced herself from him so that she can move on.

They say distance makes the heart grow fonder and it can't be more truthful than this! He missed her every day and finally understood his feelings but during this time their families went apart due to a petty conflict and he wasn't able to contact her because of his very petty father, Oh how he hates that father of his! Every time he sees his face he remembers how he cruelly separated him from his childhood sweetheart so he went abroad to start his own company and to stand with his own legs.

He's now a proud owner of a multimillion-dollar company and finally separated himself from his toxic family and only took his old mother with him, but all for what? For his future wife who he's been dreaming of every day only to get stolen by another man.

Gritting his teeth he stepped towards the flight departing area and reluctantly got into flight knowing that only heartbreak awaits him on the other side.

'Imaan...Imaan' he thought before drifting off to oblivion.

There in his dream Imaan stood beautiful in her bridal gown smiling with full teeth towards an unknown man in a suit, he can see himself watching as a bystander clutching his heart as they looked joyfully into each other's eyes. Tears streamed down his face as he remembered her blushing face as she confessed to him and those beautiful memories he treasured with her.

He woke up from the nightmare sweating profusely despite the high air-conditioning, he went through his memories again and truly felt that he lost a gem of a girl.

Although he loves her, he won't fight for her when she's already married and belongs to another man because he himself is religious and knew when to give up so he reassured himself to give up and got off the plane to his new home he brought nearby her parent's property in order to get close to her.

Not knowing why he was still hanging around when she's not available anymore, He sent a text to his mother asking for her to arrange a girl for him and took a much-needed nap before he could go to his new workplace.