Chapter 20

It has been 3 weeks since their marriage.

Three weeks since Imaan had her mind stuffed into her new mobile, hunting articles about finding ways to please Wahid.

She tried everything she could but so far nothing worked but she never gave up hope and with a bit of courage she cooked for him for the first time and to her much happiness, he loved it!

Wahid was more than delighted to eat his Shawarma until she revealed that she had made it herself,

But that was an improvement, right?

Sitting on the swing that Razzak has installed in his garden for Ishaa'k, Imaan waited for her husband to return home so she could force him to eat the Soupe à l'oignon that she made it herself after her 13th try and 1000th apology to the maids for taking her time on kitchen,

Ishaa'k was also swinging beside her reciting some surah he memorised Imaan vaguely remembered the surah as Surat al-Jinn but didn't say anything about it as she was not exactly sure.

Imaan was embarrassed that a little boy could memorise more verses than her and promised that she'll soon start memorising the Qur'an, a habit she stopped after her marriage.

When she heard the familiar sound of Wahid's car she ran to the front door with Ishaa'k trailing behind her leaving the swings to swing by themselves.

Wahid was at his best today as his all efforts in his company were rewarding him with more money than he thought they would.

He didn't let his bright mood be demolished by his wife who greeted him with an excellent grin on her face to which he replied with a short smile which was enough for Imaan to be taken back and blush profoundly as she was not used to seeing his smile.

Surprised that he didn't cringe at her blush as he does nowadays, Imaan looked at him shocked while he went to his room to freshen up.

She followed him with her eyes filled with pure shock and confusion, She didn't expect him to greet her back and was ready to ignore his rude ignorance but definitely was not ready to see him greeting back! That too with a smile!

'He smiled' Imaan thought as a smile graced her face.

Picking up Ishaa'k by his arms she spun him in the air while his joyful laugh filled the entire mansion.

She too laughed along with him after realising how a simple gesture from her husband could lighten up her whole heart.

"Imaa carry me on your back!" Ishaa'k demanded when Imaan finally put the kid down.

"I carried you on my back all day!" Imaan whined but compiled anyways and took him on her back.

She looked both sides and when she was sure No one was looking an exciting thought crossed her mind that would definitely make the kid's whole day.

After confirming no one was there to see her upcoming action she ran through the halls with Ishaa'k on her back while he screamed with Joy and delight.

A round around the hall was successful but when she ran for the second round she ran into a wall,

In the middle of the house.

She quickly took Ishaa'k off her safely and fell flat down, clutching her nose which started to bleed almost immediately.

While holding her nose with her left hand which was now healed leaving a scar behind, She glanced up to look at the wall that caused her this misery and was surprised at an enraged Ishaa'k 'punching' his older brother while a guilty-looking Wahid was trying to get away from him and was coming towards her.

Adjusting her hijab she quickly got up and pulled Ishaa'k closer to her with her right hand while he refused and threw air punches at his Brother.

"Leave me Imaa! he hit you and you have a boo-boo on your nose!" Ishaa'k exclaimed trying to touch Imaan's nose to which she gently pushed his hand away with a frown on her face After realising the 'wall' she bumped into was her husband's chest!

"No Ishaa'k baby it'll heal soon why don't you wait for me in the kitchen I have something yummy prepared" Imaan cooed at the worried boy slightly pinching his puffed-up cheeks.

Hearing the word yummy the young boy quickly ran towards the kitchen like a cheetah while a concerned Wahid knelt in front of her and pushed her left hand away which was bloody due to the excess amount of blood released from her nose.

Imaan quickly tried to get up to clean herself but Wahid dragged her towards the restroom while holding her left hand tightly not caring if it made his hand taint with blood too.

When they reached the bathroom Wahid made her sit on the stool that he took down from the washbasin.

Imaan sat on the stool with a small smile and waited for his next step.

No words were exchanged between the two as Wahid took the first aid kit and took a bunch of pieces of cotton out, He went towards his wife and tilted her head backwards so she's facing the ceiling.

Imaan groaned silently when she was facing the not-amusing ceiling she would rather see Wahid but her view of the distant ceiling was replaced by the face she would rather see.

Her frown was quickly replaced by a grin as she saw his eyes boring towards her own.

Wahid quickly averted his eyes and gently began to clean her now red nose while casually glancing at her almond eyes filled with happiness.

"What are you happy about? I don't know bleeding through your nose makes you happy" Wahid sarcastically said trying to break the awkward silence.

Normally Imaan would have jumped with joy and reply his question any day but for now, she just closed her eyes and relaxed treasuring the moment.

A frown was taken over his handsome features when he didn't hear her reply but didn't ask her again guessing she was feeling the pain of blood returning to her nasal passage but little did he know it was anything but that she hardly felt any pain she actually felt at peace as awkward as it was to say.

After cleaning her nose his hand left her head which he used to tilt upwards.

Imaan glanced down feeling dizzy after a long time of seeing up, She frowned realising the bleeding stopped she would rather let it bleed if he took care of her like this.

Wahid looked at her examining her looking for her nose to bleed again but smiled with satisfaction when it didn't spit out blood.

"Guess the future doctor had to be treated by some businessman" Wahid joked surprising both of 'em.

"I only let you 'cause your my husband" She replied sassily trying to play it off cool.

"Yeah Yeah whatever you say".

With that Wahid went towards the door to leave but stooped himself, He turned back and stared at her for half a minute before saying," I'm really sorry"

Imaan's lips curved up upon hearing his apology but quickly turned upside down upon hearing his next words,

"But it was your fault for running around like a kid"

She tried to defend herself but quickly shut up when she realised he was leaving, Standing up on her feet she ran to catch him which was easy considering he was walking slowly lost in his thoughts which were filled by a certain girl.

"Wait!" Imaan's shouted grabbing his arms making him turn and look at her confused.

"Thank you and you were right I should've not ran," She said forcing out, along with an equally forced smile on her face.

______________________________________________________

A huge thank you to everyone who has voted on my story and is continuing to read this,

I hope you'll love this story to the very end!

And don't forget to vote!

Assalamu Alaikum