Chapter 4

Imaan sat in the car feeling embarrassed her scarlet face hidden in her cupped hands, as expected, her future husband didn't come to the little date,

She was glad that Razzak went to the Toy store nearby to buy some barbie dolls for his youngest son,

Yeah, son.

Ishaa'k loved playing with dolls meant for girls, nothing is wrong with that of course but still weird nonetheless,

It would take some time for Razzak to return after finding a perfect doll for him.

Imaan keep replaying the conversation that happened again and again in her head while he was away.

"Would you ask the same question to your son?" Imaan asked bravely.

Razzak didn't waste a second in replying.

"I already know he is smitten with you! I don't want to ask him and make him more flustered" Razzak said jokingly while laughing slightly.

To say that she was shocked will be an understatement her definite shock was visible in her wide almond eyes.

"Wha-" before she could even ask he explained to her.

"In your school days when you both were 8, I guess? he used to come from school and ramble about you a lot to his mother and me it was cute and it never stopped until he turned 14...Maybe something happened with him and you?" Razzak asked Imaan hoping she would answer.

This question was inside his head for a long time,

Years to be exact!

He was confused by the sudden absence of Wahid's rambling about Imaan he knows that his son likes little Imaan but what happened?

Imaan didn't know how to answer.

She couldn't say to him that she rejected his son when he was 14 but she didn't regret it and didn't even feel an inch of guilt at the time but was disappointed with Wahid's behaviour after that he was insulted to a point where he began to bully her but he was nice to her before.

She thought for a long time before lying for the third time in a day.

"I don't know father"

But the next words from him made her so red that there was no difference between the red on her face and the red wine that their table neighbours were drinking.

"And He also has pictures of you! a lot of pictures I saw it when we were moving house it was under his bed and believe me each and every picture had a heart drawn in it," Razzak said laughing so hard that the table beside their's almost spilt their wine surprising them by the sudden laughter in the silent restaurant.

Imaan looked very horrified at the revelation and the loud noise,

Soon enough the waiter came and requested them to be a little quiet.

Now Razzak was red too matching his daughter-in-law.

They ordered the food when they realised Wahid was not coming anytime soon.