Promises

I stared at the… interesting… creature in front of me. She…I’m just gonna say she… had the body of a sea serpent but she had the head of a cow. The sea cow was entangled in fishing nets struggling against the tight restraints. I brought out Riptide but she only struggled to a further extent.

“No its ok Bessie I wont hurt you” I tried to coo it would work better if Victoria was here. She had a gift with calming living things down especially younger kids. It was as if she inherited Hestia’s powers. She did admire the goddess greatly though.

I capped my sword. “What is…she?” I asked the hippocampi.

We do not know strange things are stirring free it lord

“Yeah I got that part” I murmured biting my lip “Yeah ok this is what we’re going to do…I need you guys to push when I say so and how I say so ok…”

Well after we pushed the boat off I had to get to work and untangle the net section by section and well that took forever.

“Ok stay out of trouble Bessie” I murmured then I shot out of the water luckily Blackjack came to my rescue and I was able to grab a hold of his neck.

How was it boss

“We saved a baby something or another”

That’s good boss you’re a good hero’

I couldn’t help but think about Victoria’s crumpled body in Luke’s arms. Then I thought about Apollo and Alexander’s angry faces with all the depression and hurt in their eyes. Then Mason and his large sad eyes, and finally James who is more than a brother to Victoria he’s like a son instead. I’m a horrible ‘hero’ here I am saving baby monsters and I can’t even save my own girlfriend.

When we came to the camp I noticed a small figure crouching down behind a large column. I realized it was Nico so I hesitated I wasn’t in the mood for his Mythomagic game finally I decided.

“Blackjack set me down here” I said he let me down and I was five feet away from Nico and ready to ask what he was doing but I realized he was pulling a Grover: spying on the Hunters.

“It cannot be cured” I recognized Zoë’s voice clearly

“What is it” Bianca, I’m sure anyways, asked

“Centaurs blood it’s like acid everyone know that…those Stoll brothers.”

“That’s horrible”

“She will live…but I’m afraid she will not go on this mission”

“Then who else will?” Bianca asked worriedly

“No one will Bianca…the camp’s magic boarders…doesn’t allow anything in not even rain maybe this is the prophecy we lost her here”

“You should tell Thalia and Zander the rest of your dream”

“It will not do any good…not to mention talking to Alexander Smith never ends well”

“But of your suspicions about the General are correct…”

“I have thy word not to speak about that…we will find out soon enough” Zoë snapped “Now come dawn is breaking”

Nico started to run after them but I grabbed his arm I covered his mouth when he opened it to scream. I took off my cap

“Hey it’s me” I whispered

“How did you…” Nico whispered

“This cap I was invisible”

“Invisible no way!!!!”

“You were going to follow them weren’t you?” I asked

“How did you know” he asked eyeing me for any weapons or items that helped me read minds.

“If it were my sister, or if I had a sister, I’d be doing the same” I answered calmly “But you can’t”

“Why because I’m too young” he huffed

“BECAUSE…it’s way to dangerous and they wont let you and yes because you’re too young. Remember that Manticore…there will be worst Nico…”

‘You’re right but you can go for me!”

“Say what?” I asked

“You were gonna go anyways weren’t you to save that Victoria girl… just like that Zander guy”

“There’s a difference Nico… Zander’s Victoria’s brother”

“I kinda figured…der just like that Mason guy and Mikayla’s her sister”

“How did you know about Mikayla she’s with her brother for a few more days?”

Nico blushed bright red “Right well I saw her picture”

I smiled and decided to just move on

“Anyways about the me going I can’t Chiron told me something that Zoë doesn’t want me going because of me weapon” I whispered

“Go invisible please”

“Ok fine”

“Great now promise me you’ll watch after my sister”

“Nico that’s a really big promise”

“Please”

“I promise to try my best” I finally decided

“Great get going then” Nico pushed

This was crazy I wasn’t packed I didn’t have anything “Ok tell Chiron…”

“I’ll make something up go!” he urged

I ran up to the hill just to see the camp’s van disappearing down the farm road how was I supposed to keep up exactly run? Then I heard the beating of wings and Blackjack landed next to me.

If I was guessing I would guess you need a getaway horse right boss’

“Thanks yeah let’s fly”

_________________________________________________________

Lame Chapter Sorry Working on the next one right now actually

OMG LOOK AT MY CAST FREAKING AMAZING RIGHT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And yeah Taylor Swift is now Victoria deal with it! I was watching the Orphan so I was like hmm Isabelle Fuhrman would be a great Bianca