Chapter 1: Birthday, A Gun & A Hybrid

"Happy Birthday!"Was the second thing Elena woke up to in the five star hotel she and Katherine were staying in. The first thing she woke up to was the curtains being opened and sunlight hitting her right in the face."No, no, no. You are not sleeping the day away."Katherine exclaimed, yanking the covers, which Elena threw over her head, off."You, along with your Dull As Dishwater Doppelganger Sister, are, from what we know, the only Doppelgangers, Human or Immortal Witch slash Untriggered Werewolves, to ever reach the age of eighteen. We are celebrating."Katherine stated, putting her hands on her hips and glared at Elena.

"I hate my Birthday."Elena said dully, sitting up and glaring weakly at Katherine with her bed hair. She had managed to cut it but decided to make it shoulder length instead of neck length.

"Well, we don't have to go full hands on deck, celebrate it. We can just drink and smoke and..."Katherine trailed off as she suddenly saw a box lying at the end of Elena's bed and held it up."Oh, what's this?  A Vaporesso VM Stick 18."Katherine said, faking a gasp."Didn't you say you wanted one?"She asked smirking as she pulled out the Vape Stick, a blue Vape Stick. Elena's favourite colour.

"Does the juice have nicotine in it?"

"Nope. I know how you feel about that even if it can't kill you."

"Give."Elena held out her hand for the vape.

"What do you say?"Katherine said as she backed up when Elena got out of bed, only to start brushing her hair.

"Please and thank you..."Elena trailed off, looking thoughtful."And get out the alcohol? The good stuff if you have it."Elena said and Katherine cheered.

"Oh, you know I have the good stuff, my sweet Zornitsa."Katherine said, handing over the vape to Elena."But we're not having too much alcohol at the moment. I want you sober so that we can model some clothes."

~~~~~

Throughout the entire day, Katherine had taken Elena shopping and let her do what she wanted for the day, and anything that was too over priced and the younger Doppelganger wanted it but wouldn't get it, Katherine would get it with compulsion, without Elena knowing.

As they passed a local gun shop, Katherine paused, looking thoughtful."Hey, why don't you  go on ahead to the car. You can drive this time."Katherine said, throwing her keys at Elena, who caught them but gave Katherine a curious look."I have something to do."Katherine waved her off. 

Shrugging, Elena headed to the car and put the bags, that she had, in the boot before getting in the driver's seat and turned on the car so that she could listen to the radio. Hearing her phone go off for the eighth time, Elena pulled it out of her bag and saw a few messages. 

Two from Caroline, one from Damon, one from Emily, and four from, surprisingly, Jeremy. Each message had some form of happy birthday, along with; Come home, we miss you. Your siblings need you, or I need you.

~~~~~

"I am never getting drunk with you ever again."Elena said after she had finished vomiting in the bathroom, and Katherine just laughed from her spot at the table and held up a cup of water and tablet, which Elena took gratefully."Thanks."

"You said that to months ago, the day after your Birthday and yet here we are, again. Plus, your welcome."Katherine said in a chirpy voice. 

"You know, lately, I feel as if you don't want to look for Elijah, and just wanna get me drunk."Elena accused her ancestor. 

Katherine tried to look offended but failed."Can you blame me? I mean, Klaus is a Hybrid now, Zornitsa."Katherine reminded her."His bite, and any Werewolf he turns into a Hybrid, can kill me and who knows what he'd do to you."