Chapter 23: Telling Jeremy That Elena's Engaged

"I can't believe Finn is dead."Rebekah said softly.

Rebekah was looking at the fire while Liah paced back and forth between where Rebekah was standing at the fireplace and where Klaus stood at the table, where Bonnie had done the Unlinking Spell, and Elijah and Elena were sitting down, cuddling up to each other.

"Good riddance."Klaus spat.

"Niklaus, he was our Brother."Elijah stated, frowning at Klaus.

"He was an embarrassment."Klaus corrected Elijah.

"He was still our Brother."Rebekah echoed Elijah's statement."Mind your tongue."She added darkly.

"Fine."Klaus said, annoyed."Let's say a prayer for Finn who slept in a box longer then he lived as a man."Liah stopped pacing and glared at Klaus as Rebekah looked at him in disbelief."He was a lovesick fool. He's better off in death."

"Is that how you'd speak of Liah, Elena, and I if one of us died?"Rebekah questioned Klaus as she came to his side.

"Well, you let the Salvatore's loose with three stakes that kill us."Klaus retorted."So I guess we'll find out soon enough. And since when did you have a soft spot for them?"Klaus added questionably.

"The Salvatore's may fight like dogs, but in the end they would die for each other."Rebekah stated."At least they know what Family means. You destroyed ours."

"I wanted a Family, they just didn't want me."Klaus stated, staring at Rebekah coolly."And now we're Unlinked. We're no longer responsible for each other."Elijah pursed his lips and Elena sighed silently.

"So are you leaving?"Rebekah questioned Klaus.

Klaus nodded."As soon as I get my stakes, I'm gone. I'm gonna take Emily and use her blood to create a new Family of Hybrids.

"And if we choose to stay?"Rebekah asked.

"Then you're all just as pathetic as Finn."Klaus said, glancing at everyone.

"Then I suppose you won't come to Elena's and Elijah's Wedding."Liah spoke up after a minute. It was more of a statement then a question and Klaus glowered at her before storming out of the room.

"Speaking of, when are you two going to get married?"Rebekah asked, turning to the two brunette's on the couch.

"Rebekah, we've only been engaged for, like what?"Elena looked up at Elijah."A week? You're making it sound like we should get married now."

"Well, I just think it'll be a good idea for you two to get married before the Salvatore Brothers decide to use the White Oak Stake on one of us."Rebekah gestured to herself and Liah."Besides, the Salvatore Brothers would be stupid if they tried to go after Elijah, since they know that you're more powerful then Bonnie."Rebekah added, giving Elena a pointed look.

"Shouldn't we be worrying about the fact that your Mother is still nowhere to be found and we should be looking for her?"Elena said, trying to change the subject.

"Fine. Elijah will look for Esther, and you and Liah will go to Denver."Rebekah said and Elena looked at Rebekah in confusion.

"What's in Denver?"Elena asked, confused.

"Your Brother, who you haven't told about your engagement to our Brother"Elena winced, having forgotten that Jeremy was in Denver."and Liah needs to tell Kol in person that there's three White Oak Stakes in the possession of the Salvatore Brothers."

"Ok, he is not gonna take this well."Elena mumbled.

"Neither is Kol."Liah said, grimacing."Wait, what will you be doing?"Liah suddenly asked, looking at Rebekah curiously, as did Elena and Elijah.