Chapter 12: Mikaelson Reunion

"If you ever do anything like what you did to Caroline, again, I'll sever your head from the rest of your body."Klaus threatened Damon, who, if it was possible, paled at the dark threat. 

"Did you say Lexi?"Liah suddenly asked in a soft voice."As in Alexia Branson?"Everyone turned to look at Liah, who was looking back at Elena, who nodded softly.

"You knew Lexi?"Stefan asked, eyes wide as he looked at Liah, who nodded.

"Yes, she was mine and Rebekah's best friend and I turned her."Liah said and Damon gulped softly when Liah looked at him with a furious look in her eyes."And you killed her."She hissed, glaring at him."If it weren't for the fact that I promised Elijah I'd be on my best behavior tonight, I would have already ripped out your heart."

A deathly silence settled around them for a few minutes before Elijah decided to break it."Stefan, where is Miss. Emily tonight?"Elijah asked, thinking that Stefan would know where Emily is.

"I don't know. Ask Damon."Klaus and Liah started laughing while Elena and Elijah looked confused and curious, and Elijah made a gesture that said what's so funny?.

"I'm sorry. You missed so much."Klaus said to Elijah, not sounding apologetic but amused.

"As did you, Elena, after I put you in the Sleeping Enchantment."Liah said to Elena."I told you a lot can happen in twenty-four hours."

"Uh,"Klaus crunched up his face."Trouble in paradise."

"Do I even want to know?"Elena asked sarcastically.

"One more word about Emily and, uh, this dinner's over."Stefan threatened them before Klaus put his index finger to his lips as to say I can keep it a secret, and continued to laugh silently. 

"You know what, probably best just to keep Emily in the do not discuss pile."Damon spoke up.

"You're probably right."Klaus agreed. 

"Yeah."Damon said softly. 

Everyone continued eating before a thought occurred to Klaus and he spoke up."It's just the allure of the Petrova Doppelganger, still so strong."Klaus said after he put his utensils down."What do you say, Brother?"Klaus looked at Elijah as Liah's grip on her glass tightened."Should we tell them about Tatia?"Elijah suddenly looked highly uncomfortable and glanced at Elena.

"How about we don't?"Liah spoke up, glaring at Klaus, who glanced at her."I'm sure Elena doesn't need to hear this."She hissed out and Klaus had the decency to look sheepish.

"I agree."Elijah said, nodding to Elena and Liah."Why should we discuss matters long since resolved?"He questioned Klaus, his eyes dark and filled with a promise of pain if Klaus makes the wrong move.

"Well,"Klaus suddenly looked uncomfortable himself."given their"He weakly gestured to Stefan and Damon."shared affection for both Emily and Katerina, I think our guests might be curious to learn about the originator of the Petrova line." 

Damon, seeing that this might be a chance to prove to Elena that Elijah wasn't who she believed him to be, spoke up."Well, we're not going anywhere Elijah. Please, do tell."He smirked at Elijah before taking a sip of his wine.

Elijah leaned back in his chair, glancing at Elena."When our Family first settled here, there was a girl named Tatia, she was an exquisite beauty. Every boy of age desired to be her suitor, even though she'd had a child by another man. And none loved her more than Niklaus."

"Oh, I'd say there was one who loved her at least as much."Klaus retorted as he and Elijah glanced at each other.

"Wait a minute, so you both loved the same girl?"Stefan cut in, gesturing between them before huffing in amusement.