Chapter 6: Truth Of The Original Witch's Death

"So the Lockwood's have no idea these tunnels are underneath their property?"Emily asked in awe as she followed behind Elena and Alaric, who was leading them to where he had found the stories drawn on the wall.

"Yeah."Alaric said, glancing back at the twins and squinted."Careful where you shine that thing."They continued walking."Bats hate the light."

"Wait, what?"Emily questioned Alaric, seeing as she was afraid of bats.

"Emily."Emily whirled around with a startled gasp and pointed the light directly at Damon. Glaring, Emily punched him in the shoulder while he smirked at her."God, Damon."

"Scaredly-cat."Damon replied, smirking.

"Just ignore him."Alaric spoke up."That's what I do."

"Same."Elena agreed."And of course the Lockwood's don't know about these tunnels."Elena added, glancing around."Seeing as they're as old as the Original Family, and they're a thousand years old."Elena explained, causing the trio to look at her as she glanced back at Damon."So you really can't get in?"When no one answered her, she raised an eyebrow at them."What?"

"You can tell how old these tunnels are?"Alaric asked.

"Yeah, I took a crash course in geology."Elena said sarcastically but Emily nor Alaric heard the sarcastic tone, but Damon did and he scowled at her.

"And these tunnels are as old as the Originals?"Emily questioned Elena, who nodded."How are they still standing?"

"That's easy. Magic."Elena said drily as Emily looked at her with wide eyes."I'm lying. The structure of rocks changes, some fall away, others remain stable and strong. The ones that fall away create new tunnels."Elena explained, rolling her eyes as she looked back at Damon."Again, you really can't get in?" 

"No, it seems even the ancient Lockwood's were Anti-Vampire."Damon grumbled as he walked passed Emily.

"What do you mean ancient?"Emily questioned Damon and Elena scoffed.

"There were no ancient Lockwood's, Damon."Elena said, annoyed."There were Native Tribes before Columbus discovered America."

"Wanna bet?"Damon retorted, looking back at Elena.

"Sure, why not."Elena shrugged."Fifty dollars I'm right, Fifty dollars you're right."

"Come see for yourself then and prepare to lose."Damon said, smirking as he continued walking."This is as far as I get to go."He said as he came to a stop in an entrance leading towards big space within the tunnels. The two Human's and one Werewitch walked right passed him and Alaric used his torch to show them what was drawn on the walls.

"What is all this?"Emily asked, eyes narrowed.

"As far as I can tell, it's a story."Alaric answered Emily."In simple archaeological terms, it's a really, really old story."He explained as Elena stepped closer."I just can't interpret everything. But I do know one thing."He put some light on one of the drawings."That right there is a Moon Cycle."He stated then moved the light to another drawing."A man. A wolf."

"A Werewolf, right?"Emily asked, looking from the drawing to Elena.

"Yeah."Damon spoke up before Elena could."It's the Lockwood Diaries."He said, voice smug."Pictionary-style."

"No, it's not."Elena denied, looking over everything."Like I said, Native Tribes. This is one of those Tribes."

"I don't understand."Emily said as she looked between Elena and Damon in confusion."Damon said that Mason knew about this place because it has something to do with his ancestors, but Elena and I learned in School and have thought for years that the Lockwood's came here with the Original Founders in the 1860's."