Chapter 4: Elena & Liah In New York

"This is where you lived?"Elena asked, looking at the house, no, the Mansion, with an impressed look in her eyes as she got out of the car that Liah had brought for her through compulsion. 

Currently, she and Liah were in New York City. They had told Klaus and Rebekah how Emily was alive and that they couldn't tell them with Stefan around, in case he tried something. Elena also asked Klaus if he could make Stefan forget that she and Emily were Werewolves. 

Klaus agreed to it, after learning how Elena's Family and friends treated her. Liah then told her Siblings and Elena that she and Elena were going to go to New York and that they'd meet them in Mystic Falls.

"Yep."Liah said, popping the p."Although, it's not as impressive as the Mansions Nik has built, he designs them himself after all."Liah paused for a minute and looked thoughtful."Then again, Nik is all about being a show off and what not."Liah shrugged.

"Did you have this house designed and built then?"Elena asked as she followed the older Hybrid up the steps.

"Nope. Elijah did, for my Birthday, of course."Liah said, glancing at Elena over her shoulder."It was also an I'm sorry present."Elena raised an eyebrow at her."Did Elijah tell you that I'm Kol's twin?"

"He did."Elena said, confused as to where this was going.

"Nik and Elijah Daggered Kol, about nearly a hundred years ago, on our own Birthday, which Nik turned into a Christmas Party."Elena looked at Liah in pure shock as Liah let them inside the Mansion."After that, I left. I was furious, so of course I had a right to leave."Liah defended herself as they headed towards the living room."Two years later, I ran into Elijah, who was supposedly on a business trip, and a week before my Birthday, he brought me here, saying that this was mine, as a gift."Liah flopped gracefully onto the couch, stretching out while Elena sat down in the arm chair."That this was my safe haven if I ever felt the need to get away from my Siblings. But of course I just had go and find them years later after what happened."

"What happened exactly?"Elena asked curiously.

"Mikael happened."Liah spat and Elena grimaced. 

Liah had told her all she needed to know about Mikael and how he had chased his children for a thousand years, all because Klaus wasn't his Son but was the Son of a Werewolf who belonged to the same Pack that killed his youngest son.

"What did he do?"Elena asked, although she was afraid to actually ask.

"He found my Siblings and chased them out of the City we had built centuries ago."Liah answered."He even went so far as to burn down the Opera House."Liah said, annoyed and Elena blinked rapidly."Anyway, this isn't why we're in New York. We here to find some stones that I know I stashed here somewhere."Elena raised an eyebrow at Liah as the Witchpire got up.

"What's so important about these stones?"Elena asked in confusion as she got up and followed the other brunette upstairs.

"These stones are Black Kyanite Gemstones."Liah stated but Elena was still confused."My Mother, from what I gathered from her Grimoire, used a Black Kyanite Gemstone to create a Moonlight Ring for Nik's Biological Father, so that he could turn at will."Elena's eyes widened in surprised."And since you're Family, and we don't really know if a Werewitch can turn at will or not, I think it's best that you have a Moonlight Ring so that you can turn whenever the hell you want."Liah explained to Elena who looked at her in awe."However, your first transformation will be the only one that you'll need to turn into a Werewolf, a right of passage or something like that."Liah shrugged and Elena nodded in understanding.

"So where was the last place you put these stones?"Elena asked as they entered one of the many rooms, which was a study.

"Somewhere in here."Liah stated, gesturing around them and Elena grimaced at the state the study was in. It was a complete mess."Don't touch anything."Liah added, noticing the look in Elena's eyes, and rolled her own eyes when Elena put her hands up in mock surrender."I know that look. It's the same look Elijah gets on his face when he sees the state my room is in and wants to try and clean up. He's a complete clean freak."Liah stated and Elena blushed."Found them!"Liah suddenly exclaimed after a few more minutes of looking through her mess and held up a jar filled with Black Kyanite Gemstones.