Chapter 14: Preparing For The Ball

"You did that?"Emily asked softly, her voice soft, telling them how hurt she was, but her eyes were filled with so much anger.

"I did."Elena said truthfully as Elijah came to her side, taking off his jacket and put it around her to keep her warm.

"Elena...."Elijah trailed off at the look he got from not only Elena, but from Liah too, and sighed.

"Emily and her boy toys were plotting to kill Klaus, and then they stole the coffins after Daggering Rebekah."Elena stated furiously."She deserved what happened here tonight and she deserves worse."Elena spat, glaring at Emily, who stared back at her, horrified.

"Liah, take Elena back to our house, not the Mansion."Pursing her lips, the Witchpire glanced from Elijah to Emily, shooting her a dark glare, before taking Elena's hand in hers."We will talk about this at home."He added sternly.

"Whatever."Liah said dismissively and Vamp-Sped her and Elena back to their house, leaving Elijah alone with Emily.

"Well..."Elijah trailed off, glancing back at Emily."I believe we have a little catching up to do."He stated and Emily's eyes narrowed.

~~~~~

When Elijah came back, he found Elena stretched out on the couch, reading the Grimoire Liah had gifted to her, and Liah was sitting on the floor, watching a random movie on the TV, which Elena and Liah had brought. 

Picking up the remote that was sitting on the arm of the chair, which just so happened to be close to where Elijah was standing, Elijah switched off the TV before quickly taking the Grimoire out of Elena's hands.

"Hey!"Both girls whined and glared.

You attacked Emily, why?"Elijah growled out as Elena sat up.

"I told you why."Elena said."Now give me back my Grimoire."

"And give me back the remote!"Liah added, holding her hand out for the remote."I'm missing the movie!"She whined.

"Elena, Liah."Elijah gritted out, not giving them back the items."You two do know that I can tell when you're lying right?"

Both girls glanced at each other."Fine!"Liah said, breaking under the pressure of her Big Brother's intense stare that was normally reserved for Klaus and Kol."Rebekah wanted revenge for Emily Daggering her."Liah admitted and Elena glared at her, causing her to give Elena a look that said; I'm sorry but he was giving me that stare and I broke under pressure."All we did was scare Emily, Rebekah was the only one who actually attacked her."She also defended herself.

"Yes, well, no thanks to the stunt you two pulled tonight, Emily told me that she has disowned Elena and has forbidden her from talking to Jeremy on the phone or going to see him."Liah looked stunned while Elena was outraged.

"She can't do that! She's not even Jeremy's Legal Guardian!"Elena exclaimed, jumping off the couch."I'm not only his Legal Guardian, but also her's, and Alaric is their Acting Guardian until I hand over all rights to him being their real Guardian."Elena explained angrily.

"Are you?"Liah asked softly.

"I already sent in the papers to Sheriff Forbes."Elena admitted as she glanced at Liah."But I can still talk to Jeremy and see him until Alaric tells me otherwise."Elena smirked slightly."Now, can I please have my Grimoire back?"

"And can I have the remote back?"Liah asked.

"Only if you promise me not to go after Emily, the Salvatore Brothers, or their friends again."Liah and Elena opened their mouths to protest but Elijah quickly continued speaking."Unless I say you can."Elena and Liah shared a look before sighing.