Chapter 17: You Slept With Damon Salvatore!?!

While Elena was waiting in her's and Elijah's room, she noticed a couple of things on the desk. Things that Elijah didn't need because he was a Vampire. Walking over to the desk, Elena looked through everything and saw a note next to the Sage, and picked up said note.

A few things I thought you might need for some privacy*wiggling eyebrows*. - Liah & Kol.

Blushing, Elena put it down and picked up the Sage and decided to burn the Sage and keep it burning just as Elijah came in, looking tense and his jaw clenched. He raised an eyebrow at seeing Elena burn some Sage.

"And where did you get Sage?"Elijah asked, walking over to Elena and wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Liah and Kol."Came the curt, yet soft and embarrassed, answered.

"Ah."Elijah said, chuckling in amusement before sighing."I talked with your Sister before she went to see my Mother."Elena frowned slightly."I asked Emily if I could depend on her to tell me what my Mother says to her and she agreed....."Elijah trailed off, pursing his lips into a tight line.

"Only, she ended up lying in your face."Elena said as she turned around in Elijah's arms and cupped his face in her hands, frowning.

"How did you figure it out?"Elijah asked, looking at Elena in surprise and she scoffed.

"I should be the one to ask you that question."Elena retorted."And I know she was lying because she's my Sister and she's a bad liar."Elena stated."Now, how did you know she was lying to you?"

"My senses are heightened, Lovely."Elijah said cryptically as Elena let her hands drop to Elijah's shoulders and stayed there."I can hear the blood rushing through your veins, I can hear your heart rate."Elijah said, smirking before he frowned."I can tell when a Human is lying to me by the way their heart's skip a beat. Emily's kept doing it many times while I was questioning her."

"Did the champagne taste off to you?"Elena suddenly asked, causing Elijah to furrow his eyebrows."It tasted off to Liah and I, but Rebekah said it didn't."Elena explained, frowning.

"Do you think there's some sort of connection between the champagne and my Mother and your Sister?"Elijah asked hesitantly and Elena pursed her lips.

"Do you think so?"Elena retorted questionably.

"I do think so."Elijah answered honestly.

"So what are we going to do?"Elena tilted her head and raised an eyebrow at Elijah.

"We, Lovely, are going to get some answers tomorrow, right from one of the source."Elijah stated coolly.

"Emily."Elena said knowingly.

"Emily."Elijah agreed."But for now, we should retire to bed."

~~~~~

"Have you figured it out?"Elena whirled around, looking at the Mother Daughter Bennett Duo and frowned."You're running out of time."Abby stated, keeping her face blank.

Elena's frown deepened but before she could say anything, the torches suddenly became aflame, one by one. However, the flames grew brighter and Elena had to cover her eyes from said brightness before her world suddenly went blank.

~~~~~

Elena's eyes snapped open and she groaned as she sat up, only to freeze when she realised that she hadn't woken up in her's and Elijah's bed, but was still in the forest and the sun was rising. Noticing a silhouette of a figure lying not that far from her.

Getting up, Elena stumbled over to the figure, only to scream when she got closer and fell to her knees next to them. It was Elijah. And he wasn't moving. He was dead. Not the stake or the Dagger to the heart dead, but dead dead.