CHAPTER FIVE

When I envisioned the Monday I'll start working at Liam's company, I saw it as that extremely perfect day where everything would be bubbles and rainbows, but today that the envisioned perfect day has come, it's so not perfect; even one bit.

It was ruined by a very lovely friend of mine, whom if she wasn't my friend I would've pushed her off a cliff. Let's face it, people, I've got a thing for cliffs in case you haven't noticed.

I was rudely woken up by Brie who kept shaking me till I opened my eyes. I was about to yell at her to let me be because it was freaking three a.m but I stopped when I saw the way Brie was looking at me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked, my eyes slightly widening. Knowing Brie I know she's up to no good.
She then smiled and left my room. She came back after two minutes with a curling iron and a stretcher.

"Do you want to curl your hair or straighten your hair?"
"How about if I say... None?" I asked, hoping she'll agree and let it go, but in my world, there is obviously no such luck.
Brie shakes her head vehemently and said, " You have to pick one. I trust your dress sense, but I don't think I can trust you with your hair. You hate hair stuff and no matter how hard you try to avoid it, hair is part of the total package. I mean how can you get Liam to look at you with that hair that looks like a bed nest." She wrinkled her nose in distaste.

"That's because I just woke up doofus. Besides you didn't complain on the day of the interview so I don't get why you are complaining now?" I said in annoyance because I still wanted to sleep, but a human being in the form of Brie was preventing that from happening.

Brie being Brie ignored my obvious anger and kept on talking. "That's cause I wasn't sure if you were going to get the job, but now you already have it; it's operation charm Liam Jones." Brie chuckled evilly.
I'll say it over and over again, I'm tired of Brie and her antics.

"Thanks so much for believing in my ability to get the job," I said sarcastically and I continued, "Now if you'll please excuse me, I have to go back to bed." I lay down back and hug my pillow as I attempted to sleep back. Keyword- attempt.
"Well suit yourself," Brie said. I was about to say 'thank goodness' when Brie continued, "I may as well straighten it on your bed."

What? She must be joking. She can't do that. I thought until I opened my eyes and saw Brie trying to plug the wire of the straightener into the socket beside my nightstand.

"What are you doing Brie? You wouldn't dare." I said trying my best to look as threatening as possible.
"Watch me." Brie looked at me looking threatening.
"I know you are crazy so I wouldn't stay here to watch you." I hurriedly get up from my bed and run out of the room.

Brie started chasing me with the curling iron and the straightener.

"Come back here Lettie. You are going to do your hair." She yelled at me.
"No, I won't. April said I should be myself and that is exactly what I am doing." I yelled back.
"She didn't say you should go to work looking like a bird made a nest in your hair."
"I'm sorry my sense of style is not ideal enough for you."
"You're going to do your hair this morning regardless of what you think." She said as we continued running around the house.

"April!" I yelled. I knew I needed back up for this and I knew April was awake preparing cupcakes for delivery.
"Brie let Lettie be." She yelled from the kitchen.
"Her hair is a mess," Brie complained.
I quickly ran to the kitchen to show April my hair.
"Isn't she exaggerating?"
April suddenly gasped and stopped whisking the batter. She was gaping like a fish.

"Brie, please do something to that thing on her hair. It wasn't this bad last week, but it's so terrible right now."

That was how I sat down in front of my dresser as Brie did my hair. After much yells and arguments, Brie finally let me go. Claiming I now looked like a human being. Although I didn't admit it out loud I did actually look better.

I drove to work and stopped by to get two cups of coffee in case Liam needed one. I am a coffee latte person, so I get the same for him. Even though I don't know him well enough to buy him coffee, I just have a mantra 'Everyone deserves a coffee for a brighter morning.'

"Morning." I greet the secretary as soon as I entered the company.
"Morning." She responded back.
I was about to continue moving when she motioned for me to stop.
"Hey... You're supposed to sign in." She smiled and pointed at the staff book.
"Omg! I'm so sorry." I said, as I quickly signed the staff book.

Damn! I don't even know how that slipped my memory.

I got to the top floor and entered his office. Liam briefed me during the weekend though an e-mail about my duties. He also said since I was his personal assistant, he said I'm supposed to stay in his office for better work efficiency. According to him, as his personal assistant, there are times I would need to take note when he's on a call. Probably if he's been told an address or important information. Then I'm to relay his work schedule to his secretary; Joanna. Joanna looked like she was also in her mid-twenties like me. She was a really nice person.

Before I entered the office, Joanna stopped me and offered me cookies as a 'welcome aboard' gift. It was funny but it was cute.
Immediately I entered the office, I greeted Liam as I placed my bag on my own desk. My desk wasn't too far from Liam's. But the office was wide enough to be a conference room.

"Good morning boss. I hope your night was lovely?" I smiled widely.
"You sure are in a good mood." Liam groaned.

His groan dampened my mood, but I plastered a fake smile on my face. I didn't want him to know that hurt me a bit. He probably decided that he was too cool to talk to an ordinary personal assistant.

"Well... I guess the playtime is over." I said as I go back to my desk.
Liam groaned again. He then said, "Please tell me one of those cups of coffee is for me 'cause I really need that right now."

See! I told you everyone needs coffee for a brighter day.

I smiled and handed him the coffee.
"Yes... It's yours. What happened to make you cranky?" I started to ask but suddenly realized that this was totally out of line for an employer and employee relationship.

"I'm sorry... I overstepped my boundaries by asking personal questions." I said, feeling so ashamed of myself.
"No, you didn't overstep your boundaries. It was a late-night conference call. That kept me busy all night, so I couldn't sleep." Liam groaned again.
"Well... My mom always says that a good hug, coffee, and chocolate chips always brighten a gloomy morning. Luckily we have the two right here. Do you want a hug?" I asked, suddenly unsure whether this was out of line too.

Liam just smiled and nodded. I moved around his desk and hugged him. He then nestled his head in my shoulder. Suddenly I heard an angry voice from the door, the laughable thing was that I think none of us actually heard when the door to the office opened. It's not like we were doing something bad.

"You the hell are you and why are you hugging my boyfriend so tightly?" The angry voice said.
The first thing that came to my mind was... Shit!