CHAPTER ELEVEN

"Why did you call Maddie?" I asked, totally ignoring the insults she just spilled out.
"You're a pretty selfish person you know," She was saying when I cut her off.
"And you're a pretty petty one. You call me by," I pulled the phone from my ear in order to check the time, "So you call me by ten-thirty pm to tell me how stupid I am. So that call could not wait until the next morning?"
"Well... I'm just coming into the country, so I felt this was the best time."

I raised my hands up while looking up also, then I shake my head to no one in particular, and she picks up her phone and calls me selfish, who is the selfish one now?

"Why did you call Maddie because I'm about to hang up, I don't have the strength to deal with your bullshit this night. You may call me tomorrow, then I might have time to listen." I said, knowing Maddie she didn't just call only for this no matter how self-absorbed she can be.
"I saw Mom and Dad in Vegas, Mom said if you find the time you should call her and she rallied about how you never call them and all that stuff. Then she said you should clear two days off your schedule for family dinner next three months cause that's when they'll be back from their vacation in Vegas." She spat out bitterly.
"Thanks for calling. I'll be sure to call mom and dad, and don't worry she already sent me the number so you don't need to send it. So I'll be hanging up," I said and was about to hang up when Maddie yelled, "Wait."
"What is it, Maddie? 'Cause I've had a really stressful day and I just need a break. You can continue yelling how much of a spineless bitch you think I am tomorrow, but please not today." I sighed tiredly. I just wanted a break, is that too much to ask for?
"Why do you always take everything away from me?" Maddie said in a really cool tone that surprised me.

"Excuse me?" I said, feeling shocked. Maybe this was the talk Maddie and I needed to have for our relationship to be better.
"You... You know what, never mind. Also, forget that I said that." Maddie started but stopped as soon as she started. Then she hung up before I could say another word.

I was so disappointed. Maddie and I have never truly connected as siblings. Maddie is always bitter about something she wouldn't just say. We've never truly had sister's conversations except for major heartbreaks. Growing up with Maddie was turbulent. Meaning that few times we were cool with each other but most times we were bitter towards each other. I loved my sister to death and I can do anything for her, but it's a shame that she doesn't feel the same way.

Two years after the whole I can never make a good model drama, we had another major misunderstanding. So mom was so busy with her book signing events, yeah my mom is a writer. She writes motivational, self-help books. So if she's not writing, she's giving speeches and having her book signing. So the whole idea is that she's always busy when she releases a new book, so it was one of this busy moment. I had a bad dream, so I went up to Maddie's room for a little sister's comfort. Maddie was having a slumber party, so I knew she wouldn't be asleep yet 'cause it was just ten p.m. I knocked on Maddie's door and she opened.
She was like, "Oh... It's you, I thought it was the maid or something. What do you want?"
"I had a bad dream, can I please sleep with you?"
"What did you just say?"
"I said I had..." I was saying when Maddie interrupted me.

"Of course I heard you dumb ass, so stop repeating like you are a dumb alarm clock or something."
"I'm sorry. So can I sleep with you now?" I asked, not caring if she just called me a dumb ass. I was just a little ten-year-old who just wanted to spend time with her sister.
"And why will I allow that? Do I look like a babysitter to you?"
"No, but you're my sister," I said as my lips trembled a bit and my eyes brewing with unshed tears.
"Says who? You are not my sister and I can never accept you as my sister. Now run along and don't knock on my door again." She said as she was about shutting the poor when I hurriedly used to stop her.

"What?" She barked harshly.
"Why do you hate me so much?" I muttered sadly. This time the tears brimming in my eyes found their way as they rolled down my cheeks.
"Maybe because I wake up to see your face every morning. Or the fact that I hear your annoying whiny voice calling me every time. I'm just sick of hearing your voice and seeing your face every day. So maybe if you go far away, somewhere very far away, where I wouldn't be able to contact you even if I wanted to, then maybe I wouldn't hate you so much." She smiled in a sinister manner.

I was ten and I wasn't stupid. I knew that Maddie was indirectly telling me to commit suicide, but I couldn't believe that my own sister would want me dead, so I asked.
"Are you telling me to die?" I asked looking so shocked.
"You interpreted it that way. I didn't say that outrightly even though it's what I meant." She shrugged nonchalantly.
"But I-I-I don't want to die. I'll miss mom, dad, my friends and even you." I stammered with tears still rolling down my cheeks and snort coming from my nose.

Maddie was about to say something when one of her friends hollered "Maddie what's taking you so long? They're about to reach your favorite scene, hurry up."
Maddie yelled an "Okay... I'll be right there." She then turned back to me and whispered, "You are a selfish little bitch. I ask for this one favor and you can't do it. This is why I hate you so much. If you ever knock on my door again, I'll get my little hammer and break your fingers. Hope we are clear on that?" She asked and I nodded my head furiously because I saw the anger in Maddie's eye and I just knew she would do it.

"Now that we are clear on that... Remove your leg away from my door entrance else it'll be the first part of you that I'm going to crush." I hastily removed my foot from the door as Maddie slammed the door in my face.

I cried for about two hours when I
suddenly thought it's best if I gave Maddie what she wants. I dragged my feet to the pool area, and I stared hard at the water before I jumped inside. Luckily for me, my nanny was passing the pool when she saw me struggling in the water, she screamed and lunged into the water to pull me out. Thankfully, I hadn't swallowed lots of water so I was revived quickly.

Probably because of the scream, Maddie and her friends rushed to the pool area. Maddie's friends then were fussing over me and asking if I was fine and all that. Maddie stood from a distance and looked at me with anger blazing in her eyes, then she muttered, "Pathetic little bitch," and she walked away not bothering t check if I was fine or not.
Maybe Liam is right about me giving Maddie a chance but how do you give something to someone who doesn't want it?
I wanted to talk with Maddie but how can I when she always push me away?
I wanted her to tell me why she's the way she is, but she can't because for a reason I don't know of, she's always bitter.

I love Maddie and all but we can only be true sisters if she could give me a chance, just one chance is all I ask and I've ever wished for.

A/N- Currently editing '30 days ultimatum.' So updates on this book will be a bit slower.
Also, I have three pre-written chapters for 'Imperfectly dangerous', so be rest assured for an update soon.
The thing is I'm trying to edit as much as I can for this book, so it doesn't end up with so many errors like 30 days ultimatum, thereby becoming so stressful to edit.