Asking for his blessing (Ben's Pov)

I wring my hands nervously as I wait for prince rohan to arrive at the restaurant. "Can I get you anything to drink sugar? You're looking a little shaky." Tiana asks as she and naveen clean the table next to me. "Water please?" I say and she nods and goes to get a glass of water. Naveen sits down across from me with a smirk. "So, what's got you so nervous?" He asks. "It's nothing." "It can't be nothing if it's got you looking so pale. Come on, tell me. Maybe I could help." He goads. "You're supposed to be helping me clean the table." Tiana scolds as she sets a glass of water in front of me. "It's a slow day." He argues and takes her hand and kisses it. She laughs and lightly smacks him with a napkin from the table. "You're lucky it is." She says and he looks back at me expectantly. 

"Well... I invited mel's dad for lunch today-" I start. "That's it? Really?" Naveen exclaims and tiana smacks him with the napkin again, giving a scolding look. "I invited him because I wanted to ask for his blessing." I finish and tiana gasps excitedly. "Do you have a ring picked out?" She asks. I pull the geode ring box (Pictured above) out of my pocket and open it for them to see. "It's gorgeous, she's gonna love it." "I really hope so. I already asked her sister for her blessing. And evie, carlos and jay for their blessings because they're like her siblings." I tell them as I put the box back in my pocket and naveen pats me on the back. "You're probably gonna hear this from rapunzel and flynn, and jane and tarzan as well, but mel is part of the family. So if you hurt her in any way shape or form... You're gonna have a world of trouble from all of the people who care about her." He warns me and I nod. "I don't ever plan on hurting mel, she means the world to me." Naveen claps me on the back and stands up. "Good. Now we should be getting back to work."

Soon afterward rohan comes and sits across from me. "Sorry I'm a little late, I wanted to make sure my father and niece were okay to take over some paperwork." He says and I nod. "It's fine, I'm glad you could make it." I reply. Tiana comes over and asks what we'd like to order. We tell her and she nods, telling us it will be out soon. Naveen brings out another water for rohan. Rohan nods his thanks and takes a sip. "So what did you ask me here for?" He asks, setting his glass back down. "Well sir, everything that's happened recently and seeing rosie in the hospital like that had me even more certain that she's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I love her more than anything, I love her. So I asked you here today to ask for your blessing, to ask rosie to marry me." I say, taking the geode ring box back out of my pocket and opening it so he could see. He looks at it for a little bit, then looks up at me before grinning widely and nodding. "You have my blessing. I know you love rose and she loves you too. You picked out a nice ring." He says and I smile. "I saw it and instantly knew it was the one. The three hearts are me her and the baby." I say and put the ring away. "So when do you plan on asking her?" "The day the next isle kids are coming over. I already asked fairy godmother and the band for help, and I'm gonna tell my parents today." I answer.