VK Day, an Unforgettable Day (Mel's Pov)

The day we're supposed to get the next vk's, mal comes over and we spend a little while looking out for uma. Suddenly two arms wrap around me and I squeal in surprise. I turn to find ben giggling at me and slap his arm playfully. "Not a tentacle in sight." I tell him and he looks out at the water. "I think if uma was up to something, we'd know by now." He replies. "No, ben we know how villains think. And I don't trust uma as far as I can throw her. She's gonna wait until our defences are down and then she's gonna strike." Mal interjects and I nod in agreement. Ben looks at her and then back to me. "I really wish we had time for me to do a dragon fly over, cause I can go so much higher, and see so much more." Mal adds with a sigh as I look through the binoculars again. "Well you can't be everywhere at once." Ben says, pushing the binoculars down and tilting my chin up so we're looking each other in the eye. "Plus I've got your backs-" We both look up to where the guards are looking out for uma as well. "Come on, everyone is waiting on us three." He finishes and wraps an arm around my shoulder to guide me out to the event. "Wait, you're getting more guards?" I ask him and he nods. "I'm getting more guards. Now breathe, both of you." Mal and I both take a deep breath and I smile up at him. He dips down and pecks my lips quickly before we head out to where we're supposed to meet everyone.

Mal slips out first and goes to stand off to the side with the other Vk's. She excitedly says something to evie and takes jay's hand in hers, smiling up at him. Then ben and I come out and the band starts to play. I wave to the people as we walk past them, most of them being kids I've seen at school. I look forward to see ben's parents, my dad, auntie aurora, philip and grandpa stefan, tianna, naveen, trin, nate, rapunzel, flynn, faith, lyssia, jane, tarzan, travis, kuzko, emile and kurt. They (bar ben's parents and my family) are looking at me in shock and I realize that they are able to see my bump, and that this is the first time they've seen me since before I was sent to catelona. I wave at them and gesture for them to not say anything as ben and I get up on the platform in the center of the quad. I look around once more and see that audrey is standing off to the side with leah and chad. I smile and wave at them and audrey does the same back. Leah just looks the other way and chad looks at audrey as if she's gonna tell him what to do back. Before I walk off the platform Fg tells me to stand right in the center and then speaks into the mic in her hand before giving it to ben. "What's up auradon? Thank you, thank you so much for coming out today to welcome our new arrivals. They'll be here soon." Ben starts with a grin and everyone cheers. "It worked out pretty well for the first two groups." I hear chad make a snide aside about how it well it worked out for ben and frown a little, then I hear audrey snap at him and comment, "Very funny." Sarcastically at him.

My attention is redirected back to ben when he takes my hand in his and says my name. I look him at him and grin at his dopey smile. "This is the exact spot we reunited at not so long ago. It seems like a long time ago, but did I mention that I'm in love with you?" He says and doug starts to play the guitar as the vk's stand behind him with knowing grins. I cover my mouth in amusement as he sings a little bit of the song he sang at the tourney game to ask me to coronation with and the others start to hum. He spins me around and I get a look at the group and smile. When he finishes he gets down on one knee and I feel tears of joy gather at the corners of my eyes. 

"Mel, it's you and me. It's you and me forever. Will you marry me? Will you be my queen?" He asks, opening a gorgeous ring box and revealing a gold ring with three purple heart shaped diamonds. I gasp before nodding my head and saying, "Yes." I block out everything else as he slips the ring on my finger and stands up. I cradle his face with my hands and he leans in, wrapping his arms around my waist and kisses me, I kiss back happily. He pulls away and I tune back into the group of people around me. I look around again, beaming with happiness and notice that leah looks like she's scolding audrey, who is looking down at her feet in shame. I make a mental note to talk to her about it before ben leads me to the vks. Mal and evie hug me at the same time and I ask, "Did you know about this?" "We knew everything." Mal answers. "I've only done about a thousand sketches of your wedding dress and bell's already planned an engagement party next week." Evie speaks up and I look to bell as she walks over to me with adam, dad and grandpa. "I finally get a daughter!" Bell exclaims excitedly as I hug her and adam. "You're the best mother figure I could've ever asked for bell." I say and she smiles widely.