t w e l v e

*alyssa*

When we entered the club, they speakers were blaring some stupid yet upbeat song and half dressed girls were grinding on drunk guys. As I glanced around, the boys drag me to the bar and they order a round of shots. They insisted I have one, even though I've never drank in my life. I downed the tiny drink and shuddered at the taste.

The boys were screaming and continuing with more rounds of shots. I could tell Calum was already tipsy and Michael was close. But I was not getting drunk tonight.

Ashton did a whole round of shots himself, as the other boys cheered. He came up to me and snaked his arm around my waist. He was drunk already. "Hey beautiful," he slurred, "care to dance?"

"Sure," I replied, laughing nervously as he pulled me to the dance floor.

"Guess what," he said when we reached a spot in the crowd.

"What?"

"I like this girl names Aly, Allee, all.... Alyssa!" He screamed.

"You're drunk, Ashton." I tried not to look too anxious as he danced with me.

"No I'm not!" 

"Yes, you are!" I countered, getting frustrated.

"La la! I can't hear you!" His childish acts were getting annoying.

"Ashton-"

"Come on, let's go over there." He interrupted and pointed to a booth. I swallowed nervously as he grabbed my wrist an pulled me over. He fell into the booth as I sat down on the other side. It was a curved booth so he could easily scoot over to me.

He put his arm around my shoulder. "What's your name?"

He was really drunk.

"My name is Alyssa, Ashton."

"Hey! I know a girl named Alyssa! She's pretty," he laughed. "Are you my friend, Alyssa? Or are you some random other girl named Alyssa."

"I'm just your friend, Ashton." I sighed.

"Good!" He giggled as he rested his head on my shoulder. He looked up into my eyes. "Have you had your first kiss?"

"No, no I haven't. I'm a 19 year old girl that hasn't had her first kiss," I admitted.

"Maybe someday, someone really lucky will be that person that does that thing that we were just saying." He was a very happy drunk, I could tell by how he giggled every time he talked.

He kissed me on the cheek and then put his head back on my shoulder. Just a kiss on the cheek, but it's all I needed. But he doesn't love me. He's just drunk.

I sighed as I looked around the room and saw Luke surrounded by girls and Michael and Calum talking to some others at the bar, still downing shots.

"Ashton, you don't really like me. You're just drunk," I mumbled.

But he was fast asleep on my shoulder.

-

Luke was the only other somewhat sober one left, so we carried the three other boys out to a taxi that was waiting.

We drove to the hotel that the buses had parked outside of, and somehow got up to floor 8 without Michael pressing All the buttons on the elevator.

"Alyssa?" Ashton mumbled as I tried to get his room key in the door with him on my shoulder.

"What, Ashton," I sighed.

"Will you stay with me tonight?" He grinned at me cheekily with half closed eyes.

"N-no, you have to get rest." I bit my lip as  I took him to his bed and laid him down.

"Oh right!" He laughed and put his hands over his eyes.

I found an aspirin and put that and a water glass on his bedside table. When I looked back to where he was, he was fast asleep. I sighed with relief as I left his room, walking down to mine.

I peeled off my Nirvana tank top and threw on a big shirt for my pajamas, then pulled off my skinny jeans.

I leaped onto my bed and I fell asleep as I hit the pillow.

{status: edited}