t w e n t y

*alyssa*

*2 years later*

I was sitting on Ashton and I's shared hotel bed, tapping away on my phone before he entered the room.

"Hey Alyssa," he smiled, raising a picnic basket, "want to go on a picnic?"

I slid my phone into my pocket and looked up at him. "Sure, Ashton!" I kissed his cheek, lingering there for a second. "Just let me go get some things."

As I walked into the bathroom, I saw Ashton pick up Luke's acoustic guitar from the corner of the room.

-

We walked to the park. No one was there, to my surprise, considering how nice it was today. Ashton laid down a blanket in the middle of the grass and set down the basket. "Have a sandwich, yeah?"

I grinned at him, grabbing one of the sandwiches and chewing on it as he pulled out Luke's guitar, strumming it a bit.

"You play?" 

"I do." Ashton started playing a few chords, and I knew exactly what song it was. My heart fluttered as he began singing.

When your legs don't work like they used to before.

And I can't sweep you off of your feet.

Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?

Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70.

And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23.

And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways.

Maybe just the touch of a hand.

Well, me-I fall in love with you every single day.

And I just wanna tell you I am.

So honey now.

Take me into your loving arms.

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars.

Place your head on my beating heart.

I'm thinking out loud.

That maybe we found love right where we are.

He stopped playing for a second and looked up at me, my heart warming. 

"Alyssa, when I first saw you, four years ago or so, on tv with Liam, I found you absolutely breathtaking. When I found out you were singing with us on tour.. well, you can imagine. I wanted to be with you. I loved you. When I finally worked up the courage to ask you out on a date, I was scared. Scared that a beautiful girl like you just wouldn't like an average boy like me. You were just out of my limit. When you beat me in fifa, and bowling, I fell in love with you a little bit more.

"As to both of the clubs, I told you I loved you way before I was ready. Even though I was drunk, what I said wasn't a lie. I loved you more than I could explain. Every single day of that tour, I fell in love with you more and more. I am completely in love with you, and thats why I'm going to do this."

I covered my mouth as Ashton pulled out a small, pearl white box. "Alyssa Payne, will you do me the honor of marrying me?" 

A tear streamed down my face, and I could hardly speak so I nodded quickly as Ashton beamed, sliding the beautiful ring onto my finger.

I tackled him into a hug, us landing in the grass. "I love you so, so, so much, Ashton Irwin."

"And I love you so much more."

a/n:

I WAS CRYING AS I WROTE THIS YIU DONT UNDERSTAND OMF

anyways... this is the last chapter! there will be an epilogue as well :-)

{status: edited}