M A R K I N G S C H E M E // P O E T R Y

🌲

🌲

🌿 MARKING SCHEME FOR POETRY:
* Exclusive for poetry books.

Judges, you are required to read 5 poems for each book.

🌳

Name of participant: *for info.
Book title: *for info.
Cover, 10 points.
Blurb, 5 points.
Rhythm/rhymes, 10 points.
(RHYTHM = free verse, RHYMES = rhyming).
Vocabulary, 10 points.
Creativity, 5 points.
Grammar, 10 points.
Flow, 10 points.
Length of poems, 10 points.
Writing style, 10 points.
Selective poem climax, 10 points.
Overall enjoyment, 10 points.
Short review of 25-50 words.
Total: /100.

Judges for Poetry should address the following questions as an aid to guide them:

* does the cover attract the reader? if so, what elements attract them the most? does the font correspond to the theme of the book? *  does the blurb entice the reader? if so, what part of it captures the reader's attention? is the display aesthetic, apprehensive, beguiling, or is it bland, unprovocative, placid?
* is the rhythm constant? is it too abrupt? are the rhymes relevant? do the rhymes create a good backdrop? * is the vocabulary prominent? does the writer use words too basic? if complex words are used, are they relevant where applicable?
* does the writer hold creativity in high regard? do they portray any clichés? does the originality of the poem interest the reader? the use of words for poetic standards? * is grammar unambiguous where applicable? are there a lot of punctuation errors? are there capitalization errors? is the spacing and structure correct?
* is the flow steady? does it follow a continuous pattern? for e.g; does each poem follow a pattern of consecutive commas, or does each poem follow a pattern of consecutive dots?
* is the length of the poem too tedious? is it too short? what should be changed?
* does the writing style portray the poet's thoughts well? does the writing style emphasize a sophisticated or comical backdrop? does the writing style match the theme of the title of the poem? does the writing style follow a rhythm that shows the poet knows what they are doing?
* does the beginning and end of each poem have meaning? are they appropriate? is the ending justifiable? is the ending the climax? does the ending have a significant impact on an individual?
* did you enjoy reading the three poems? did it make you want to read more? did you want to add it to your library after judging it? did the writer portray the contents well enough to keep your attention?