M Y S T E R Y // B A T C H 2 // R E S U L T S

BATCH TWO 🌿

🌿 RESULTS: 🌿

🌿 RESULTS: 🌿

GENRE // Mystery

Judged by: Miabookworm12, Despresso_QueerCupid & tripping_on_skies.

Ones who have not won a place may, as always, re-enter in batch three.

FIRST PLACE

Name: MahaTaqi
Book: The Swiss Murderer

Review:
I absolutely loved this! From the get-go, despite you writing from the third person point of view, I still managed to get a very clear grip on who the MC was as a person. I loved the interactions between her and her friends, and the time skip from the prologue to the first chapter. The plot itself is so gripping, and I would love to read more!

SECOND PLACE

Name: FallonMckay
Book: The Wicked of Wicker Woods

Review: I couldn't stop reading! The characters really pulled me in and I loved how the author gave the reader snippets of the mystery while also including brilliant descriptions and character development. I think it would be great to see some more descriptions about settings and maybe even on the characters. This book was so well written!

&

Name: Pickle347
Book: Blade of Embers

Review: The descriptions were absolutely fabulous in this book! The author has done very well to describe the scenery which is something I don't see very often. I would love to see a larger variety of vocabulary to make this book more engaging! Still, this book was brilliantly written.

&

Name: Kokopelijim
Book: The Crane's Gift

Review: The suspense in the chapters really adds to it's dark and haunted atmosphere. My one main concern is with the vocabulary. While the author has used a large variety of vocabulary, it almost sounds like half of the words are just synonyms found in a thesaurus. It doesn't sound like there is an understanding of the words. I still absolutely loved this book!

THIRD PLACE

Name: DocileFiasco
Book: The Imitator

Review: I really love this book. The vocabulary you have used is spellbinding. It's commendable how much effort and research has been done in kinesics for the story. The cover and blurb really set very high expectations from the book. However, the biggest turn-off is punctuation. There are consistent punctuation errors in dialogues. For instance – "How are you Wendy?". she asked. This is incorrect. It should be- "How are you Wendy?" she asked. Between the direct speech and the reporting clause, a comma is needed not a full stop. This case changes when the dialogue is a question. In such a case, both the comma and the full stop are omitted, provided the reporting clause follows the direct speech. With a bit of editing, this can be easily corrected and it will surely make your book a great read.

FOURTH PLACE

Name: aaria101
Book: Delusion or Illusion

Review: I absolutely loved the female protagonist and her desire to fight for love. The author has written this extremely well and really shown her emotions in depth. I like how the plot is a cliche but with a twist. I would love to see some more interesting vocabulary in this book to add to the atmosphere. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book!

FIFTH PLACE

Name: imaginator33
Book: The Hitter's Hitlist

Review: I loved how the author included the hitter's POV right at the beginning of the story! It gave you a sense of what you were about to read without giving away too much information. Absolutely genius! It would be brilliant to see some more character development during the course of the book. Really well done!

&

Name: mkmac23
Book: How to Solve A Riddle

Review: Loved this! The phrasing and the words really made it seem like it as in 1956! The story itself is well-paced, and there is just enough tension for me to want to continue reading. However, you do have some problems with words such as using each other instead of one another. There are also a few run-on sentences.

&

Name: Hassina_G
Book: On the Run

Review: I loved the addition of the government's message at the start of the book! It gave the reader some information about the character's current situation. My one concern is that this is a very common storyline. So the book needs to have aspects that will make it stand out apart from the rest. This book was a joy to read!

HONORABLE MENTION

Name: myriadomswriter
Book: Power

Review: The creativity of the plot is commendable. The cover is amazing too and the title suits the story. However, I believe the major hindrance in the flow is the awkward sentence structure and tense slips. The atmosphere you've set really suits the plot. Imagery is used in a great way. A bit more of such descriptions would be great. I actually love the characters and their traits you've highlighted which is quintessential in such a story. Great job!

CONGRATULATIONS, please PM us to redeem your rewards.