Chapter 1 - Another Move

"So... What do you think?", said my mom at the kitchen sink washing dishes. I didn't know what to think. This was the sixth time we moved since I was eight years old. But I wasn't surprised. Ever since my father disappeared things have been different. My mom has tried to keep it together. And she's doing her best, but... 

"I think it's going to take some time to get used to."

"Listen, Alina, I know that this is different but it isn't that bad. There's a great school district and the people in Connecticut are even friendlier than the people up in New York."

"Mom. Let me ask you something serious: How long this time? How long before we move again, before we run again?"

My mom looked away from me, her hair falling into her face. She looked up.

"Honey, what makes you think that we're running? We aren't running from anything, we never have, and never will."

And with that she ended the conversation, and went back to washing the dishes. It wasn't a shocker, this was how most of our conversations these days went. I asked about something that she didn't want to reveal, and she evaded the question.

So, instead of sitting in uncomfortable silence, I got up and headed to my room upstairs. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today marks the sixth day that I've been in the Connecticut. I'm a city girl, so it has been a big change. But I know how to adapt. This is my sixth move. I've been to New York, Arizona, Texas, Florida, Washington, Pennsylvania, and now Connecticut. I'm fourteen now so you would think that I'd get used to the idea of never staying in one place for too long. But no, I still hate the long car rides, the sudden changes in scenery... Everything.

And to add to my list of stress, tomorrow would be my first day as a sophomore in the creepiest school around: Serenity Highschool. Yay me.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so that was the first chapter and I know it was kind of slow... But soon the pace will pick up when Alina starts school. (Hint: a little romance is coming)  So comment and vote please!!! P.S. - This is my first work ever so I'd really appreciate the feedback! :)