Chapter 19 - One of the Last (Jet's POV)

For years now, it's seemed like I was one of the last hunters. Demon hunters, that is. It's actually pretty nice to know that there are some more out there like me. 

Oh, I'm sorry. Who am I? I guess that's what you're wondering. And you should be wondering. 

I am one of a kind. Well, at least my daughter and I are one of a kind. 

Let me tell you my story.

They call me Jet. Jet Sling. Why Sling? No, it's not my surname. It's my nickname, I got it when I was younger and anyone who knows of me never forgot it. And since almost everyone in Serenity knows me, they all know I have a mean swing. Well, mean 'slling'. I don't even know how it changed over time. It just did. 

I'm an older guy now. Almost fifty, but that doesn't change the fact that I can still kick ass. I've been training my daughter since she was four years old. I had to start early since I knew she'd need these skills engrained into her mind. 

My daughter's name is Cara. A beautiful, sriking name that I picked out for her at birth. After her mother died.

Cara's a grown woman now, and she helps me track down the human-hating demons, and kill them.

Oh, don't get me wrong. They're not all so bad. I know two of them personally, Deveraux and Farris. They can be nice... when they want to.

But for the rest of them: They better watch themselves; Cara and I won't rest until they're all dead and gone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm sitting here with this young girl, Alina tied to a chair in front of me. I didn't want to do it. But I have to. Word around the World Beneath (and I have my connections) is that she's going to fulfill the prophecy. What prophecy? 

The one proclaimed from the last ruler of the World Beneath, who Deveraux claims is her father. Which just sounds absolutely ridiculous, I know. But I used to be Michael the Great's adviser... before he disappeared.

So... I figure that if she really is who Deveraux claims her to be (and it seems like everone believes it), then I'll do what I did for her father. Give her some advice. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey you guys! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. (I decided to add two more characters instead of one.) Anyways... Vote and Comment. (P.S - next chapter you'll meet Cara.)