Chapter 18 - Alina's Disappearance (Torin's POV)

I was sitting on my bed when my phone lit up.

Alina. The only person it could be. It was nearing the end of the week. In fact, it had only been four days, and the only person on my mind was her. 

I'm her guardian, I'm supposed to be protecting her. It's my job. But I can't hide my feelings from her and I  can tell that she knows. How I feel is my business, I shouldn't be making this personal, I should be keeping this professional.

I laughed to myself. Great job I'm doing at that.

Time to talk to her. I answered the phone.

"Hello?-"

All I had was screaming coming out of the speakers. 

"No, let me go. Torin, Torin!..."

Then I heard another voice belonging to an older guy, with a heavy Russian accent.

"Don't know why you'd call him. He can't help you anyways."

I took the phone away from my ear, and put it on speaker. I did not speak, just waited.

Then the Russian man spoke: 

"I know you're there, Torin. Tell me something. Where is this girl's mother? You are her guardian, are you not? What a good guardian you are to leave her all alone in her house at dark, with no protection."

I didn't reply.

"Alright, well. Since you refuse to speak - and I hate one sided conversations - here's what we're going to do. I am going to tell you where to find Alina. You will come with no one else. That means NO ONE else. Do you understand?"

Silence.

"Okay, guardian. I think you will speak when you hear this. And I hope you are paying the utmost attention, for this is important. If you do not come to the Great Hall in one hour, then you will never see Alina again. Oh, and remember: BRING NO ONE."

And with that the call ended. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DUN DUN DUN! 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment! P.S - Introducing a new character in the next chapter. So stay tuned. :)