Chapter 12 - Change of Plans

It was the end of the day when I finally saw Torin again. Mira and I were standing near the main entrance, just waiting.

As Torin walked through the door, I saw three others behind him. It was The Three Dark Witches.

They all smiled at me. Then Ziane said:

"Hello girls. Torin's told us about the plan, and we'd like to help."

"They're going to accompany us to Deveraux's, they'll be just like back-up."

I looked at Torin. I wasn't sure if I should be upset or grateful. On one hand, I think I might need back-up. But on the other, I liked when it was just me and Torin.

I accepted the witches offer with grace.

"Thank you."

Then Mira spoke up. In her soft voice, she said:

"I'm coming, too."

"Great", I said. But I didn't feel great. I was feeling more nervous by the second.

Torin: "Okay, I have a good feeling about this."

As all of us began walking towards Torin's car, I moved a little closer to Torin, so we could talk.

"Are you sure this is a good idea. I mean, wouldn't more people lessen our chances of getting the information we want?"

"Thre's six of us against one demon, I'm liking the odds here, Alina."

He looked at my face, and his voice softened.

"Listen, I know you're worried, but... I'm your guardian remember? I'll take care of you."

And I could tell, just by looking in his eyes. 

He meant it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short chapter, but tell me what you think. Vote and comment please. I apreciate it. :)