Chapter 6 - Vince and Torin

7:46. It's 7:46 in the morning when I wake up. How did I get in my bed? I don't remember, and it hurts to try. Everything's a blur. Where was I before this? My mom... My mom's missing. Right, she's gone and I need to find her. But...

I sit up in my bed and look at my phone. 7:47. How long have I been asleep? I glance at my dresser and reach over. There's a note. It reads:

Hey Alina, you were tired last night and passed out in the car. I carried you to your room. After you wake up and read this, call me. I promised Ms. Keaton that I'd look after you. I'll come to your house and pick you up for school. cell# 718-965-234-9243 - Torin

I looked up from the note. So it wasn't a dream at all. I have to talk to Torin. He said last night that he probably knew who took my mother. So we need to stop wasting time and go after her.

I picked up my phone and dialed his number.

.... .... .... .... .... "Hey, Alina." 

"How'd you know it was me?"

"Who else would call me at 7:50 in the morning? Anyways, I'm heading towards your house. Be there in a few." Then he hung up. Okay then, guess I'll go get ready for school.

I walked to my closet and looked through my wardrobe. Alrighty then, what to wear, what to wear...
I reached for a plain black tee and a pair of dark blue jeans. I'll put on a sweatshirt and my black uggs with that... and yeah I'll look cute.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was sitting in front of my mirror when my phone vibrated.

1 new message.

I stopped doing my hair and picked up my phone.

I'm outside.

I ran a comb through my curly hair one more time, and then stuck it in a sloppy bun.

After running down the stairs and picking up my bookbag at the door, I headed out to the familiar Escalade parked in my driveway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ride to school was long and silent. Finally, as we pulled in to the school's parking lot, I decided to speak.

"So, are you going to help me find her today?"

"Your mother?", he asked as he cut off the car's engine.

"Yes, my mother."

"Of course I will. But until then I can promise you that no harm will come to her."

"WHAT!? You can't just promise something like that to me. You don't know what's happening to her, you don't know where she is, you don't know-"

"I DO KNOW military strategies. And if there's a war coming like Ms. Keaton thinks, then the demons taking your mother was by no mistake. The demons are using one of the oldest tricks in the books."

"What are you talking about?', I asked as I unbuckled my seatbelt. He unbuckled his.

"I'm talking about the whole 'using hostages for leverage' play. They do it all the time."

"Oh... I know what you mean..."

"If they wanted to hurt her or threaten you they would've sent a message or they would've hurt her already. No, they want us to come to them."

"That's it, the demons have her and... Oh no, they must have him, too!"

"Who? What are you saying?"