Chapter 21 - Almost There (Torin's POV)

It'd only take me around thirty minutes to reach the Great Hall. The only thing I'm wondering is: Why is Jet there? And where is Ms. Keaton? It's her refuge after all. She should know what's being done with it.

But that's another issue for another time.

All through the drive I'm focused on her. Alina. I can't help but think that Jet's right about me. I'm an irresponsible guardian, and I never should've picked Alina. Maybe Vince could've done better. I laugh bitterly at the thought of Vince, while the rain beats down on my windshield. 

I know why Jet wants her, and I know why he went about it the way that he did. And I'm going to go and get Alina back, but... I'm not eager to have to see... ... ... 'her' again.

Cara Slinger is one of the 'not-so-friendly' demon hunters. Her father is, too. But Cara - Cara has an extreme dislike for the guardians. 

I know what you're thinking. "You're supposed to be guardian angels, so what could you have possibly done to make her so upset."

It's a well know fact that demons prey on the defenseless: children, young women... Well, right after Cara was born, there was an accident. Her mother was resting when the demon came for her baby. She protected Cara the best way she knew how, and the demon couldn't take the baby. Cara was safe. But demons aren't known to just give up. So the demon took her mother instead. It was tragic, and her mother's guardian never came to help her. 

And that's why Cara feels the way she does. Her father feels the same, but I think Cara feels it more. Because she lost her mother before she even got to know her. Jet had years with her, but Cara had nothing. 

I stopped thinking about Jet and Cara, and turned my focus back to Alina. She was all I needed to pay attention to right now.

It took me only ten more minutes to arrive at the Great Hall.

I parked my car around the corner. I unbuckled and leaped out. Grabbed a couple weapons and stashed them on me.  Double checked my surroundings...

Alright, time to save her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that was the end of A World Beneath. Vote if you liked this, and comment if you have any thoughts or would like a sequel. Thanks to anyone who has read this book and voted/commented. I appreciate your support!!! :)