Chapter Two

(Juliet's POV)

"This one?"

"Ugly."

"This?"

"Uglier."

"Ohhh, what about this?"

"Are you trying to find the ugly ones?"

"Down kitty. Put the claws away. No need to be hateful."

"Sorry." I sighed.

"It's fine. We know you miss grumpy." Stefano said, making me roll my eyes.

Him and Phoenix have taken me shopping. They've been doing everything imaginable the past week to keep me occupied. They even went so far as to make the kids and grandkids stop by. Of course I was happy to see them, I always am, but I miss Vince.

"How about we go get some pretzels and a slushee?" Stefano suggested.

"Sounds good to me." Phoenix said.

We left the store and headed for the pretzel stand. Once we got our pretzels and slushees, we walked around some more.

"I'm gonna head to the bathroom." Stefano said after he finished all his.

"Okay." I nodded.

The second he was out of sight, Phoenix grabbed my hand and started pulling me back the way we came.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"We gotta be quick." Phoenix said.

We didn't stop until we were inside the jewelry shop. That's when it hit me.

"Oh my geezles. You're going to ask him to marry you?!"

"Keep your voice down," Phoenix shushed. "And yes. I am."

"Hello. What can I help you with?" A lady asked, approaching us with a large smile of her face.

"He needs a ring for his boyfriend." I said smiling from ear to ear.

"Wonderful. We have a lovely selection over here."

It took Phoenix less than five minutes to find one. He quickly purchased it and then hid it in my purse. We were walking out when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?"

"We are in Victoria's Secret." I said, as Phoenix and I darted inside.

"Alright."

We quickly pretended to be looking at stuff and Phoenix even grabbed a few things in my size and started carrying them.

"Finding anything good?" Stefano asked, joining us.

"Doesn't she always?" Phoenix said.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

We got back home and spent the next half hour unpacking all the shopping bags. Phoenix asked me to keep the ring hidden, so I stashed it in Vince's underwear drawer.

We were watching TV when there was a knock on the door. Stefano ran to answer it.

He came back seconds later with a box in his hands.

"For you." He said handing it to me.

"I didn't order anything."

"Says it's from Italy." Stefano smiled.

I quickly grabbed it and opened it. It was filled with gifts, souvenirs, and even some candy. On top of it all was a note. In the note, Vince stated how much he missed me and how hard he was trying to get everything taken care of so he could come home.