Chapter Three

(Juliet's POV)

I was filled with worry and panic, but also anger. I was angry at Vince for not being careful like he promised. I was very angry at whoever took him.

"They're here, Jules." Phoenix said, stepping inside Vince's office where I had been for the past ten minutes.

"What do they know?"

"Nothing. We just said that it was an important meeting by order of the boss."

I nodded. "Thanks."

"Of course."

I ran my hand through my messy hair and took several deep breaths before walking out. I got to the living room to see that the majority of Vince's men that had stayed were now gathered there.

"What's going on?" One man asked, as I stood in the doorway with Stefano on one side and Phoenix on the other

"Vince and Gio have disappeared." I stated calmly. "Along with the rest of the guys. Armano and Bruno have been killed."

"What the f*ck is going on?"

"Who is in charge now?"

"What do we do?"

"How could this have happened?"

The guys started asking all kinds of questions at once.

"Shut up and listen." Stefano snapped.

"In less than six hours, I will be flying to Italy. I am going to look for Vince and the others. I'm going to find them. The twins are unreachable and Nikolay can't be bothered."

"You're saying that you're the Boss?" One guy asked.

"Is that a problem?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"No, ma'am." They all said at once.

"Good."

"What do we do to help?" One asked.

"Don't let anyone know. If word gets around that Vince and Gio are both gone..."

"Enemies will attack."

"Exactly. Go about business as usual."

"You need some of us to accompany you?" One asked.

"No, Stefano and Phoenix are going with me."

"May I speak freely?"

"Of course."

"We're not doubting Stefano or Phoenix's ability to protect you, but for someone to get one up on Boss and Gio....it has to be very dangerous. Boss would murder all of us if we let you go over there when we don't even know what's happening."

"I will be just fine with Phoenix and Stefano."

"Yes, ma'am."

"You should go pack, Jules." Stefano said, placing a hand on my back.

"If anyone has anything business related that needs discussed before we find Vince contact Stefano or myself. Understood?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Dismissed." I said before heading for the stairs. I made it halfway up when I remembered something. "One more thing!" I called making them all stop.

"What is it?" One guy asked, as Stefano and Phoenix rolled their eyes.

"There are over six dozen cookies in the kitchen. Take some as you leave."

I got up to the bedroom and grabbed a bag. I didn't know what all I'd be getting into so I packed outfits for every occasion imaginable. I packed all the necessities and everything I thought I'd need.

I changed into a pair of leggings, a t-shirt, tennis shoes, and pulled on a zip-up jacket. I pulled my hair up in a ponytail and was about to walk out when I stopped.

I went back to the closet and approached the safe that was hidden behind my clothes. I put in the combination and opened it. The safe contained documents like birth certificates, social security cards, papers on the house, and stuff like that.

Along with that stuff, in the very back was Ruger LC9s. A 9mm Luger. Small enough to fit in my hand. Small enough to hide.

*Flashback*

"Why are we doing this?"

"Because you need to be prepared."

"But you said I'd never have to handle a gun."

"I want you to be prepared for anything. Always expect the unexpected in this life. I don't want you to ever be fully defenseless, Bambina."

"I don't like guns."

"I know, but humor me."

I nodded. "Okay."

The next few hours were spent at the gun range with Vince teaching me how to shoot.

*End Flashback*

I picked up the gun, put the clip in it, and cocked it before putting in the back waistband of my pants.

"Ready, Bella?" Stefano asked, stepping inside the bedroom.

"Yeah."

"We got a few stops to make before heading to the jet."

"Okay. Let's go."

We ran our errands before ending up on the jet. I sat by the window with millions of thoughts running through my head.

Where was Vince? Was he okay? Was Gio with him? Was he okay? What about all the men? Were they okay? Was someone hurting them? Where they being taken care of?

And most importantly...

How was I going to find them?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Vince's POV)

My whole body hurt. Every inch ached.

It was a familiar ache.

The ache you only get when you've been shot.

More than once.

I tried to look around but it was dark. I could make out a figure laying to my left. It was Gio.

"Gio," I mumbled, reaching over and smacking his arm a little. The movement made me hurt more.

"Vince? What the f*ck happened?"

"I don't remember. I've been f*cking shot though. I'd say about three times."

"Twice for me." Gio groaned.

"Can you move?"

"No, my whole body feels water logged. You?"

"Same. You got your phone?"

"No, no wallet or gun either."

"F*ck." I said.

I tried to move around but that just made it all worse and before long everything went black.