Chapter 1: Capture

Dr. Delmar stood trembling in the middle of a warehouse with guns pointed to his head. He had been held captive for a few days now.

"No you can't make me do it! It's my life's work! I'm not going to let it be used for this atrocity! These are innocent people!" Dr. Delmar cried. He wouldn't let his captors use his invention to hurt others.

A tall thick man dressed in a well tailored suit walked up to him. He was the one behind it all. The big boss. Slade Carson.

"There is no such thing as innocence. This world revolves around power and money and I plan to gain the most of it. Last chance, do it by will and go down in history or we'll have to result to alternative methods," smirked Slade.

"You're gonna kill me anyways so kill me now," said Dr. Delmar raising his jaw bravely.

"You know I can't kill you, you're the only one that knows how to build, repair and destroy your machine. For precaution, we've considered leverage... Bring her in," gestured Slade with a thick finger.

A girl was dragged in with a blindfold around her eyes, hand cuffs tying her hands in front of her, and her lips are trembling. This time, Dr. Delmar did not bother hiding his fear.

"Nina!" yelled Dr. Delmar trying to get to his daughter, but before he could take a step, the men holding guns to his head stopped him.

"Daddy!" Nina called back still blindfolded.

"Let her go you monsters! She has nothing to do with this!" begged Dr. Delmar.

"Oh but she does. Build the machine or she dies," threatened Slade.

"If you lay a finger on her, I swear-"

Slade lifted a gun and pointed it at Nina's head. "You swear what? She won't be harmed as long as you build my machine."

Nina let out a choked sound at the feel of a cold barrel against her head.

"Promise me Slade," demanded Dr. Delmar.

Slade lowered his gun and smiled. "You know I'm a man of my word."

He looked at his men and nodded in Nina's direction. "Take her away."

Two men grabbed Nina and began to drag her towards the door.

"No! Nina! Where are you taking her?" yelled Dr. Delmar.

"Daddy! No, let me go! Daddy!" cried Nina, thrashing trying to get away.

"She's going to be locked away until you build it. Once you're done you can see her again," Slade let out a low rumble.

"Nina, it's okay honey. I'll get you out of this. Stay strong," promised Dr. Delmar.

"DAD! NO! LET GO! DAD!" cried Nina.

"I'm sorry honey," Dr. Delmar wept.

Nina kept fighting every step of the way, even when she was dragged out the room.

"Where are you taking me?" she asked the men who pushed her along.

"Don't worry angel, as long as your father follows orders then you'll be alright," said the guard to her left.

"What are you doing to him? Leave him alone!" she demanded. He was just a researcher!

"Let your dad worry about himself, with a face like yours there must be many bad men around," said the guard on the right.

She could hear the meaning the behind his words.

"You're a disgusting animal," she spat. The fact that she couldn't see due to the blindfold made it all the more frightening.