Chapter 10: End

Nina woke up tangled in the sheets with Hunter. He had his arm around her waist and their legs were intertwined. She stared at him while he slept. She wondered how someone who appeared like the scariest, deadliest, and strongest person ever could look so calm, innocent and beautiful at the same time. She couldn't help the thoughts that constantly crossed her mind. What was going to happen when she rescued her father? Was she going to stay with her father and leave her new family behind or was she going to leave her father and live with the man she loved? 

Hunter's eyes fluttered open.

"Hey," he smiled.

His morning voice did things to her.

"Morning," she smiled now too.

"You okay?" he asked, his brows furrowing.

"Why do you ask?" 

"I know you Kitty, you bite your thumb nail when you try to hide your emotions."

"I do not," she frowned, but she knew he was right. It was her nervous habit.

He laughed and kissed her forehead. "Tell me Nina."

He used her real name, she thought it must be serious.

"What's going to happen after we find my father?" she asked, voicing her fears.

"Of course you're going to live with... you should be with your father, he's your family," he looked away, his jaw was clenched.

"You're my family too," she admit with a soft voice.

Hunter forced himself to look at her again. She could see the storm in his eyes. The pain.

"But he's blood."

"Stop pushing me away Hunter," Nina begged.

"What do you want me to say?" his voice was tight.

"I..." she stopped talking, she knew if he asked her she would stay and she was afraid of betraying her father.

"I want you to stay, but I will not watch you lose your father again," he shook his head.

"I don't want to lose you either," she mumbled, feeling her heart break at the thought. They had just found each other, she didn't want to lose him.

"You know he can't stay here," Hunter reminded her.

"I know," she sighed. It was a secret location, her father was not an agent. Hunter's hands were tied.

"Whatever you decide, know that I support you," he mumbled into her hair, as he pulled her closer to him.

Nina craned her head up and kissed him. It was a slow and passionate kiss, as if they were savouring every moment they could get.

***

The whole team looked at Nina as they were beginning to land.

"You ready?" asked Doc.

She nodded. It was on, she was going to rescue her father. 

They had split into two groups. Nina was part of the group that was dropped off at a busy market.

"This is the notorious black market?" asked Nina. "It's an actual market?"

Sketchy looking guys were sitting behind carts and stands selling all sort of everyday things.

"Don't be fooled sweet cheeks," said Sky, giving her a small pat on the back.

"Yeah, it's sort of funny and smart. It's like here, buy this apple along with the location of your purchase of C-4," Shadow chuckled to himself.

"Come on, Rock and Fox are already setting up our cave," said Wolf impatient to get back to his girlfriend.