Chapter 3: Day 1

A whistle blew.

Nina groaned throwing her blanket over her head trying to block whoever was trying to wake her up.

"Rise and shine princess," Hunter roared.

"Five more minutes," yawned Nina.

Hunters let out a growl. "Get up now or I'll result to alternative methods."

Nina peaked at the electrical clock on the wall. "Are you kidding me? It's five in the morning!"

Hunter blew his whistle again. Right on cue, Sky came in with a bucket of water and dumped it on Nina.

Nina squealed, jumping out of bed dripping wet. "What the hell is your problem?"

"Sorry Kitty, boss' orders," Sky replied sheepishly. With a nod, he quickly left the room.

Hunter furrowed his brows, a small smile threatening to break his frown.

"Kitty... I see you got your new nickname. If you don't want us to change it to Slug then get moving. You have two minutes to change. I'll be outside," said Hunter.

Nina swore to herself. She got changed into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and grabbed a towel. She went out and Hunter threw her an apple and a bottle of water. They headed to the elevators.

"Sorry Kitty, I'm going to have to blindfold you. Don't know if you'll runaway or not," said Hunter, holding out a red bandanna.

"Fine," mumbled Nina. "Just don't lead me off a cliff, I trust you."

Hunter laughed. "A cliff is the least of your worries."

Nina gulped. He tied the blindfold around her eyes and held her by the upper arm and lead her on to the elevator.

"So how did you like the team? Anyone give you a hard time?" Hunter asked.

"No, they're amazing, I feel part of the family already," Nina smiled to herself.

"Glad to hear that Kitty, how'd you get the new name?" he asked.

"They think I'm like cat woman," she answered. Hunter chuckled.

Ding! The elevator doors opened.

"Watch your step," whispered Hunter. Nina tripped, but Hunter caught her in his arms. She could help but notice how hard chest and arms were. She gulped again. She let Fox get to her head with all this talk about Hunter last night. Now Nina can't help but think what if?.

"I told you to watch your step," he growled.

Nina frowned. "Sorry."

And just like that, she officially decided that he was a jerk.

Hunter helped Nina get into a vehicle. They drove silently for two minutes.

"So... Where are you taking me?" Nina asked.

"You'll see."

"When can I take this off my eyes?"

"Soon."

Nina nodded. He sure loved to talk, not.

After a few moments, the car stopped.

"Okay, you can take it off now," he said.

Nina took off the blindfold, blinking a few times to adjust to the new lighting only to find a large training grounds. There was a wall to climb, tires to march, bars to swing, zip lining, target shooting, and mats on the ground. It was exactly how'd you see it on TV, but just so much more impressive and real.